You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Sep 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00114 Sep 2005

Sep 2005 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:

Pillai Lokacharya Swami's works in Books and CD :  Ashtadasa Rahasyangal Set
($50 pre-release price)

Sign up On-Line before Nov 6th, 2005 to receive at pre-release cost.
http://www.vedics.net/products/pl/

To document and immortalize our Jagadhacharyan Swami Ramanuja's message Lord
Varadaraja of Kancheepuram took an Avathara as Swami Pillai Lokachariar
(Ulagarian) in the year 1205 CE. He fulfilled His salkalpam (mission) by
writing 18 Rahasya granthas. We can proudly claim that He is our "Mudal"
(first) Acharya to preserve these Rahasya granthas for future generations in
written document. He stayed on this BhuLoka for 106 years and He ended His
avatara after protecting Lord Ranganatha from muslim invasion in the year 1311
CE.

Swami Pillai Lokacharya, a benevolent Acharya, full of compassion, confirmed
the basics of Sri Vaishnava sampradayam in his 18 works popularly known as
Ashtadasa Rahasyangal. Every small detail of Rahasyatrayam, Tatva trayam and
the doctrine of unconditional surrender (Saranagati) are explained in His
divine works. This collection of 18 works is a godsend to everybody and a must
for every jeevathma who wants to be released from the bondage of samsara. These
works are the oars and guiding lights that help us cross the vast ocean of
samsara. (We know we can not cross it by ourselves.)

The purpose of life for every SriVaishnava is to attain eternal bliss (constant
service to Lord Srimannarayana). The Ashtadasa Rahasyas leads us to this goal.
This is why Swami Pillai Lokachar gave us these written Granthas that were
previously passed on only orally from Acharya to Sishya. He wanted to preserve
and share this knowledge with all of us (the future generations). This shows
his concern and love for us. For all that he has done for us we should try to
learn these Rahasyas in our life time.

Certain occasions are opportunities to further our spiritual quest, let us
utilize it and not waste it. We will be celebrating Swami Pillai Lokacharya's
800th Tirunakshatram (Aippasi- Thiruvonam) soon. Let us take the first step in
learning the Ashtadasa Rahasyams, by reading all 18 Rahasyas and listening to
few that are readily available. (10 rahasyas out of the 18).

The speaker Sri. U.Ve Velukkudi Krishnan Swami needs no introduction. He is
honored with many titles by illustrious scholars, including major Universities.
His simple, but eloquent discourses keeps the audience captivated. Now Vedics
Foundation is previlaged to bring these discourses by Sri U. Ve Krishnan Swami
on 10 Rahasyas with a total talk time of 126 hours being released in mp3
format. This CD set comes with a 800 page book containing the Ashtadasa
Rahasyams published by Srivaishnava sri / Sudarsanam.

Every devotee following the tradition of Swami Ramanuja is required to learn
Ashtadasa rahasyas at least once in their lifetime. Though the mechanical
mundane world tries to rule us, we should find time to learn these Rahasyas.
The language used in the text and audio is Tamil.

Ashtadasa Rahasyangal of Swami Pillai Lokacharya in mp3 CDs
Rahasyam :  Hours
Mumukshupadi (Thirumantram, Dwayam and Charamaslokam): 30
Sarasangraham: 22
Prameya sekharam: 3
Prapanna paritranam: 5
Samsara samrajyam:      3
Nava vidha sambandham: 5
Nava ratna malai: 5
Artha panchakam: 30
Sriya:pati padi : 18
Yadrichchika padi: 5

The complete set contains 8 cds in mp3 format along with a book publishd by
Srivaishnava sri / Sudarsanam. Normal pricing would have been about $ 108 for
the 126 hours. With an objective to make everybody possess this set with pride
and listen without fail we are releasing this for the cost of $

The complete set contains 8 cds in mp3 format along with a book publishd by
Srivaishnava sri / Sudarsanam. Normal pricing would have been about $ 108 for
the 126 hours. With an objective to make everybody possess this set with pride
and listen without fail we are releasing this for the cost of $ 50.

The proceeds from this set go towards the expenditure for Sri Pillai Lokachar
kainkariyams:

1. Telefilm on the life and works of Swamy Pillai Lokacharya running for 135
minutes at a cost of $ 15000.  (In Tamil with English and Telegu subtitles.)
2. Three day celebrations at Srirangam between 6th and 8th November.
3. Free distribution of 10,000 copies of a write up on the life of Swamy Pillai
Lokacharya in about 16 pages.
4. Seminars and vidwat sadas.

Sign up On-Line before Nov 6th, 2005 to receive at pre-release cost.
http://www.vedics.net/products/pl/

Ramanuja Adiyargal,

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM