You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Sep 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00204 Sep 2005

Sep 2005 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:

Dearest all,

After PeriyAzhwAr anubhavams, let us now continue on
his darling daughter GodhA PiraaTTi?s Naacchiyaar
Thirumozhi verses... on ThiruvEnkatam? [Extracted from
the most wonderful translation of Smt Kalyani
Krishnamachari based on Sri Sadagopan Swamin?s
treatise and acharyas? commentaries.]

nAcciyAr tirumozhi VIII ? starts with viNNIla mElAppu
? these ten verses are on ThiruvEnkatam. Let us enjoy
the eighth verse today..

kAr kAlattu ezhuginRa kAr mugilgAL! vE~nkaTattup
pOr kAlattu ezhundaRuLip porudavanAr pEr Solli
nIr kAlattu erukkin ampazha ilai pOl vIzhvEnai
vAr kAlattu oru nAL tam vAcakam tandu aruLArE 8.8

Translation from SrImAn SaDagOpan's tamizh treatise:

"Oh clouds which appear on the tiruvE~nkaTa Hills
during the rainy season! I keep chanting with great
with viraha tAPam the various names of
tiruvENkaTamuDaiyAn, who supports His devotees by even
going to the battle front and fighting for them. In
this process, I have become weak and feeble like the
dry, parched, summer leaves that fall down as soon as
the rain falls on them. Even if He doesn't come today,
can He not give His word that He will come to me at
least sometime in the near future?"

Additional thoughts from SrI PVP:

kAr kAlattu ezhuginRa kAr mugilgAL: "Even though He
did not come in the rainy season as He had promised, I
am glad that at least you came in that time bearing
the color of His tirumEni. I am at least soothed by
your hue that reminds me of His tirumEni. So you are
most welcome here". Just as the clouds appear only at
the appropriate (rainy) season with their dark hue, He
also appears only when His devotees are in dire need
of Him and obtains His color (greatness) by helping
His devotees and destroying their enemies.

pEr Solli..vIzhvEnai: " I thought that chanting His
tirunAmam will lift me up in my hard times; but
instead, this has only become the cause of my
awareness of my intense despair because of separation
from Him. Just as the parched leaves fall down
immediately when the rain drops fall on them, I falter
and fall down as soon as I utter His name."
vAr kAlattu - This refers to some time in the future.

 SrI kr*shNasvAmi iye~ngAr gives reference to the
nighanTu - vArdal, pOdal, ozhugal ivai neDumaiyAgum.
tam vAcakam tandu aruLArE: "Even though He is
determined not to come to me and show His face, is He
also determined not to utter even a word to me?". SItA
pirATTi said to hanumAn that communicating her message
to rAma will give hanumAn great puNyam "vAcA dharmam
avApnuhi" - sundarakANDam 39-10 - "get puNyam by your
words (conveyed to rAma)". godai is telling her
messengers (the clouds) to attain puNyam by
communicating her message to bhagavAn.

Additional thoughts from SrI PBA:

pOr kAlattu ezhundaRuLip porudavanAr: "He who took to
the battlefield and came out victorious". Lord rAma
took His incarnation in order to help His devotees who
were suffering intensely because of rAvaNa, took to
the battlefield and came out victorious by destroying
the enemy of His devotees.

AndAL ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana