You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Sep 2008

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00110 Sep 2008

Sep 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:
SrimathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya nama:
Dearest all,

Donât go away_ I requested. Still He fled. When He had come here, He showed
that His love for me is more than my love for Him. My love for Him grew further
seeing that and the disease and pangs of separation from Him grows intense.
Listen to my plight.

irukaiyilsaNG givain^illaa ellE paavam!
 ilangolin^eer perumpowvam maNdi yuNda,
peruvayiRRa karumugilE yoppar vaNNam
 perunthavatthar arunthavatthu munivar soozha
orukaiyilsaNG korukaimaR Raazhi yEndhi
 ulaguNda peruvaaya ringE vandhu,en
porukayalkaN Neerarumbap pulavi thandhu
 punalaranga moorenRu pOyi naarE!                       24

ulagu uNda â everything is gobbled (by)
peruvaayar â the large beautiful mouthed Lord
(The One who swallows the Universe- loka samhArakan)
ingE vandhu- came here;
oli neer alaimOdhi â roaring watered
powvvam â huge ocean itself
maNdi uNda- is swallowed completely
peru vayiRu udaiya â such a large bellied
mugilE pOl â dark dense large cloud like
vaNNam oppar â colored Lord;
peru thavatthar â the saranagathars (Prapannans)
aru thavatthu munivar- (and) bhakti yogins
soozha â (when surrounded by such greatest devotees)
oru kaiyil sankhu;- Conch Shell in one hand;
matrAzhiyEndhi â the other hand carrying the divine chakrA;
punal arangam â the water surrounding place Srirangam
oor- is (My) place
enRu- saying thus;
poru kayal â the quarrelling pair of fish like;
en kaNN â in spite of tears welling in those beautiful eyes,
pOyinAr- He had left; Hence,
irukaiyil sankgivan nillaa â the bangles in my hands have not stayed;
ellE paavam!- Mahaa paapi- my paapam.

The One who is lOka samhArakan â how will He have love for me? His beautiful,
dark colored body is like the dark rain laden clouds. Even that can not be
matched. It can be only matched to one dark cloud that swallows the entire
large deep, noisy oceans surrounding the Universe. Even such a cloud also
destroys with its torrential downpour. Thatâs why both of them are dark
perhaps.

These are the qualities and attributes of Supreme Lordship and praising that,
ParamaikAnthins (Saranagathars) and bhakti yogins surround Him always.
(soozhndhirundhEtthuvar pallANdE..) nyAsamEshAm thapasAm athiriktha mAhu: - The
performance of Prapatti is a thapas (a penance) and such thapasvis surround
Him)

When such bhAgawathOtthamAs assemble Him and praise Him, how can we pull His
peethAmbaram or ask Him to stay with us?

Though He had begun to move away (in spite of my asking Him not to go (pogEl)),
He still mentioned that His place is Srirangam. At least He told me where His
residence is.

How can my bangles stay in my hand when the Lord doesnât? See here, she shows
the bangles down on the floor. When He was leaving, it is not appropriate to
cry and hence the tears in my eyes were controlled and hence, I held back.

AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam

Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan