You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Nov 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00130 Nov 2003

SrI:

Dear Swamy  Desika BhakthAs:

We will now study the Amrutha SvAdhini Prabhandham of
Swamy  Desikan . This Prabhandham has 37 Paasurams .It is
named Amrutha SvAdhini by the learned AchAryAs because it
contains delectable vishayams tasting like nectar for our enjoyment .

Amrutha SvAdhini covers excerpts/ summaries of ChillaRai Rahasyam
paasurams from Saara Saaram to  MunivAhana bhOgam .

Scope of Amrutha SvAdhini
**********************
The brief summary of the topic of coverage of Amrutha SvAdhini
can be stated as :  The esoteric meaning s of the the three rahasyams,
SaraNAgathy particulars relating to SrImath RaamAyaNam
( KaakAsura , VibhIshaNa SaraNAgathys) , the meanings of
SrI VarAha Charama slOkam ,   the Vaibhavam of Anjali mudhrA ,
the glory of BhaashyakAra  and the essence of  AmalanAthi PirAn
of  ThiruppAna AazhwAr.

Coverage of Individual ChillaRai Rahasyams
***********************************
>From the First to the Sixth Paasuram , the ThirumanthirAdhikAram
of the ChillaRai  rahasyam of Saara Saaram is covered . Prabhandha
Paasurams ( 7-9 ) deal with DhvyAdhikAram of Saara Saaram.
Paasurams 10-12 cover the esoteric meanings of Charama
SlOkam . The next two Paasurmas ( 13-14) focus on
the summary of the meanings of the Three Rahasyams
and our most merciful AchAryA's anugrahams in initiating
us on these Kula dhanams  .

Paasurams 15-19 elaborate on the ChillaRai rahasyam of
Abhaya PradhAna Saaram. The next four slOkams (20-23)
cover the subtle meanings of VarAha Charama slOkam .
The 24th slOkam breifly touches on the greatness of
the Anjali Mudhra and its impact on our Lord.

Paasurams 25-27 illustrates selected concepts outlined
in PradhAna Sathakam , where Swamy  Desikan clarifies
for us the core doctrines of our SampradhAyam and helps
us to get a firm grip on them.adiyEn has covered the entire
PradhAna Sathakam in Saranagathy web site few years ago
(  http://www.srivaishnava.org/sgati )/1998-2000 issues.

Pasurams 28-30 deal with the SrI sookthi of UpakAra
Sangraham , where the Lord's countless help to us
are saluted.

The 31st paasuram of   Amrutha SvAdhini provides the essence of
ChillaRai rahasyam revered as Saara Saaram .

The three Paasurams (32-34) touch upon the topics
taken up for discussion by Swamy  Desikan in his
magnificent SrI Sookthi of VirOdha ParihAram.

The final three Pasurams of Amrutha SvAdhini are
associated with the ChillaRai Rahasyam of Muni Vaahana
BhOgam linked to the nishtai of ThiruppANa AazhwAr.

In the course of the next Few days , we should be blessed to
study the individual Paasurams of the Prabhandham of
Amrutha SvAdhini through  the RathnAngi Kaimkaryam related
postings.

May Swamy  Dsikan's paripoorNa anugraham be
with us during this study !

Swamy  Desikan ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam ,
Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri SadagOpan

Srimate Sri Laksminrisimha Divya Paduka Sevaka
SrivaNN Satakopa Sri Narayana Yatindra Mahadesikaya Nama:

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/XUWolB/TM