You are here: SriPedia - RaamaBhakthi - Archives - Jun 2004

RaamaBhakthi List Archive: Message 00004 Jun 2004

Jun 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Post 3

Dear srivaishNava perunthagaiyeer,

This addressing of my krishNa as dhivya sundharan is perhaps some thing very
special. For many are simply caught in that whirl of enjoying the beauty of the
lord, and just goes on calling him by that name "dhivya sundharan". See here
saint thyaagaraaja [ST] also describing krishNa as dhivya sundharan even though
starts with raama, his ishta dheivam.

Thanks to sri C.S.laxmi narasimhan [my shaddagar] who gave this reference in a
private mail to me - [incidentally he is a member of srirangasri list also]

raagam: madhyamaavathi <http://www.geocities.com/promiserani2/ragasm.html> - 22
kharahara priya janyam thaaLam: aadhi
Composer: Tyaagaraaja <http://www.geocities.com/promiserani2/co1006.html>
Language: Telugu

pallavi
nagumOmu galavaani naa manOharuni
jagamElu sooruni jaanakee varuni [nagumOmu]

charaNam 1
dhEvaadhi dhEvuni dhivya sundharuni
sree vaasudhEvuni seethaa raaghavuni [nagumOmu]

charaNam 2
su-jnaana nidhini sOmasoorya lOchanuni
ajnaana tamamunu anachu bhaaskaruni [nagumOmu]

charaNam 3
nirmalaakaaruni nikhilaagha haruni
dharmaadhi mOkhambu dhayachEyu ghanuni [nagumOmu]

charaNam 4
bOdhathO palumaaru poojinchi nE-raadhinchu
sree thyaagaraaja sannuthuni [nagumOmu]

Meaning: With a face sporting a charming style, this spouse of jaanaki has
captivated my heart. He is the royal Hero of matchless valour, Lord of
celestials, illustrious son of vasudhEva of divine charm. He is the treasure
ofspiritual wisdom, who incarnated as seetharaama, characterized by fascinating
eyes, at once, dazzling as the sun and soothing as the moon. He is the
dispeller of ignorance and all sins as the sun that dispels darkness. He
possesses a form of blemish-less beauty. He is the generous dispenser of the
four kinds of worthy possessions, righteousness, untainted wealth, pure love
and salvation. I will worship again and again this God, worshipped by
Thyaagaraaja with profound devotion and feeling. [meaning given here is as
taken from karnatik.com site]

Dear bhakthaas, There should be some use for any thing and every thing. Maybe
that we are not able to realize all that in a huff of our personal making.
Similarly for any action there is a reaction as per Newton's law. May be that
is in the form of results for the action that has taken place. We were talking
about the "bhuvana sundharan", "dhivya sundharan", "jagan mOhanasundharan".
Also there was a request to mediate on him.

What is the benefit of talking about this sundharan, which we are going to
derive? As per the Newton's rule, for this talking about the "sundharan" also
there should be some results, is it not? To realize what is it, we have to
listen to smt. Ambujam krishNa.

Here it is - Raagaa kOkilap priya thaaLam aadhi

pallavi:
sonna naa inikkudhu, sorga sugam piRakkudhu,
sOlai malaikku arasan sundharan naamam thanaich [sonna naa]

meaning: The tongue tasted (or became) sweet, the comfort of being in the
heaven is realised, when the name of that beautiful person named sundharan, and
king of the hill called solaimalai.

anupallavi:
enna maayam seidhaanO Edhum aRiyEn pEdhai
EdhEdhu ini avan inRi mudiyaadhu [sonna]

Meaning: this innocent person [me] do not know what trick he did, hey perhaps
hereafter I cannot do without him.

charaNam:
thuLLum silambu aaRudaich chOlai malaich chezhippil
kiLLai konja kuil paada mayil aada
kaLLa vEsha emmaan bavani azhagaik kaNdu
uLLam vasam izhandhu udalum avanadhu enRu
urugi urugi naamam uraiththidum pOdhinil [sonna]

meaning: When we see the beauty of his royal pageant of that Lord in sOlaimalai
who has adorned the garb of a thief, the heart get melted, the body became
totally his, thus the total control was lost and his name alone remained on the
tongue, that tongue tasted sweet. The river silambu flows in that rich lush
green sOlai malai, the parrots make sweet sounds, the nightingales sing and
peacocks dance.

[please understand the substance and do not blame me on the inadequacies ofthe
translation, for the emotions behind block the mind to polish the translation].

Particularly bewitching words are those
1.      enna maayam seidhaanO Edhum aRiyEn pEdhai,
2.      ini avan inRi mudiyaadhu,
3.      kaLLa vEsha emmaan bavani azhagu,
just carries the heart.

If this is the palan fruit - then is it not simple to do that "naamam
uraiththal" of that "sundharan, bhuvana sundharan".

Perhaps we have to see some more points on this dhivya sundharan in next post.
Till that time let us mediate on that sundharan kannan krishNan.

Dhasan
Vasudevan m.g.

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia