You are here: SriPedia - RaamaBhakthi - Archives - Jul 2004

RaamaBhakthi List Archive: Message 00011 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

Sri SeethA LakshmaNa Hanumath SamEtha
SrI Raamachandra ParabrahmaNE Nama:

Many thanks for your kind note with
copious references .

We are on the same wavelength .

Let me share a few thoughts and
through this SeethA Raama SnaraNam ,
and HanumAn's inseperable role in
their daily lives , this day will be purified .
Here are some random thoughts anchored in
Saint ThyAgarAjA's krithis :

1. The thought behind naming RaamAyaNam
as SeethAyaNam is an adequate reference to
the glories of our Jaanaki MaathA . I had
the yEka Seshithvam of the Dhivya Mithunam
in mind in the context of my remarks .They play
a mysterious chess game between themselves
for their amusement .

2. The greatness of HanumAn is revealed to the world
once again by our most merciful SeethA PirAtti
during the coronation ceremonies in AyOdhyA by
presenting to HanumAn the special jewelery
that she had recieved earlier . HanumAn is
an aadarsa Purushar and Parama BhAgavathar.
His SthAyee Bhaavam and Sthira Bhakthi for
the divine couple is without parallel.

3. In the AsAveri Raaga Krithi , " LEkanA Ninnu
juDDukOnnAru , yEka hrudhanulE nithyAnandhamu " ,
Saint ThyagarAja puts things in perspective using
Lord RaamA's dhivya GuNams and links them to
SrI Raama ParivAram for a whole some picture:

" Oh Raama chandra ! Will they all be hovering
about You otherwise with one heart and deriving
everlasting bliss ? --- --- --- In Your beautiful form ,
SithA derived happiness. In Your commands ,
through the movement of Your eyes , LakshmaNa
derived pleasure. In Your charming face , BharathA
found Joy. In Your personality beaming with
knowledge , Satrughna derived bliss . In Your holy feet ,
AnjanEya found happiness( CharaNa yugamunandhu
SukhamAnjanEyuniki )...."

4.Other thoughts that come to the mind from
the anubhavam of the great Raama BhakthA ,
Saint ThyagarAjA in this context are:

4 .1: Maa Janaki krithi in KaambhOji Raagam , where
the Saint reminds RaamA about the secret
behind His greatness : " Oh RaamA ! You have become
great and famous by taking the hand of our SitA
(in marriage) and have acquired the glory of
being RaavaNA's vanquisher . She accompanied You to
the forests , as ordained by You , She left Her real form beside
Agni and took a Maya form to follow the Raakshasa RaavaNa ;
stayed under the AsOka tree ; though offended at
RaavaNA's words , desisted from killing him (by Her
indignant look ) and wanted to leave the credit of
killing the enemy only to You ". ( Translation: Dr.C.RamAnujAchAri).

4.2: In SrIranjani Krithi , The Saint from ThiruvayyARu
acknowledges SitA PirAtti's glories this way :

" Sari yevvarE ! SrI Jaanaki ! Nee ".

4.3: In the KalakaNDi krithi , " SrI Janaka TanayE !
Sritha KamalAlayE! " , the Saint refers to Her power
this way : " Oh Raghu Raama Sathi! You are the wind
that destroys the clouds of demons like RaavaNa "

4.4: Finally , in the SahAna Krithi , " Dehi Tava Padha Bhakthi ,
VaidEhi ! Pathitha Paavani mE Sadha" , the Saint recognizes
Her as " the redemmer of the fallen " and prays for eternal
devotion to Her born out of the Milky ocean .The Saint
acknowledges that the whole Universe is of Her form .

5. Coming to SrI HanumAn , ThyAga Brahmam hails the glory
of HanumAn in two apoorva krithis in Raaga Vasanatha
VarALi ( Paahi Raama DhUtha Jagath PrANa KumAra ! Maam)
and PoorNa LalithA raagam ( KalugunA padhaneeraja sEva ? ):

" Parama BhAgavatha VarENya ! Varadha ! Veda Saasthra
nipuNa Varya ! Kara-dhrutha Raghuvara SucharaNa !
Vimala Chittha ! ".

In the PoorNa LalithA Krithi , we see the united service of
both SithA PirAtti and HanumAn to the Lord in the CharaNam
section of the Krithi :

" Oh Vaayu PuthrA! Shall I ever be priveleged to witness
Your service (Kaimkaryam) to the Lord ? You are foremost
among devotees , who shines with supreme Bliss as
the result of the frequent darsana of the Lord!

Can I also have the good fortune to see directly the Lord
of the universe , SrI Raama , observing His daily anushtAnams,
getting up early morning , taking His amrutha snAnam
assisted by You , offering Bhoga to SrI RanganAtha ,
partaking of the PrasAdham through SitA DEvi's blesed
hand s and commanding you to read the holy PurANAs? ".

The domestic bliss provided by SrI Raamachandra
Kudumbham is experienced by us here . Each one
of the Raama ParivAram is experienced here .

" Intha BHAgyamani nirNayimpa
BrahmEndhrdula tarama ? " PunnagavarALi Krithi .

" Is it possible to measure the good fortune of
those who are blessed to worship the great ones
( Parama BhAgavathAs like HanumAn) , who mediate
on the Lord forever ? Even Brahma nad Indra can not
succeed in such efforts !

SrI Hanumath Sevitha Jaanaki Raama
ParabrahmaNE Nama:

Daasan , V.Sadagopan