You are here: SriPedia - RaamaBhakthi - Archives - Mar 2003

RaamaBhakthi List Archive: Message 00003 Mar 2003

Mar 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear SrIman Vasudevan Swamy:

Thanks very much for your
welcome and timely posting.Since
the subject matter deals with SangItham ,
I have taken the liberty to forward your posting to
Raama Bhakthi and sister lists .

Please contribute to the Raama Bhakthi List
on SangItham/Bhakthi related topics.

Thank you
V.Sadagopan
>Dear sree vaishNava perunthagaiyeer,
>
>Here is a beautiful krithi. As I read "seethaa upadhEsam" of sree M.K.
Sudarsan from kuwait, this krithi struck me and I want to share with you all.

>Raagaa - mOhanam       thaaLam aadhi
>
>pallavi:
>
>kshEmam kuru, gOpaala, santhatham mama - kshEmaam
>
>meaning: please do me welfare always - gOpaala, hey krishNa,
>
>anu pallavi:
>
>kaamam thava paadha kamala Bhramaree Bhavathu
>sreeman mama maanasam maDhusoodhana - kshEmaam
>
>meaning: let my mind be the honey bee desiring always on the feet lotus of
you, hey maDhusoodhana - krishNa - the sreemaan - bearer and or lover of
lakshmi, - kshEmam.

>Charanam 1:
>
>aksheeNa karuNaa niDhE, aanandha khana
>praksheeNa dhOsha vaariDhE, sikshitha
>asura gaNa rakshitha nijajana kukshi sthithi
>anEka kOti lOka paalana - kshEmaam
>
>meaning: oh krishNa, you, the never waning wealth of sympathy, the
faultless ocean of pleasure when mined yield pleasure unending, the
punisher of wicked, and protector of truthful people, the protector of
several crores of worlds and their people by keeping in your belly and
protecting them, - kshEmam.

>Charanam 2
>
>prahlaadha Bhaya viDhaara, parama yOgee,
>paavana Bhuvana aaDhaara, mOha rahitha pOtha,
>mouli maanasa hamsa, saahasa jitha
>vairi sangaatha, mahaa uDhaara -- kshEmam
>
>meaning: the killer of fear for prahlaadha, the supreme yogaa practitioner,
the holy support of this entire world [or galaxy], the ever young one
without any trace of desire, the pure swan mind of munees [who are the
observers of silence always], one who has conquered the enmity, the
supremely munificent, krishna. - kshEmam

>Charanam 3:
>
>ajitha vijaya gOpaala, anantha leela
>ranjitha padha kamala, vijaya dhvaarakaa puri
>vimala, kamala lola, nija naaraayaNa theertha
>nirmala aanandha baala - kshemam
>
>meaning: the unconquerable vijaya gOpaala - successful cow protector,
endlessly playful, one who has feet attractive to all and which pull all
towards them, the ever successful pure dhvaaraka puri king, the husband of
lakshmi [who is also known as kamala], the young giver of pure happiness to
the naaraayaNa theertha - kshEmam

>Points:
>1.     Actually this krithi is part of the scene of "rukmiNee kalyaaNam" -
rukmini's wedding chapter of the "krishna leela tarangiNi" - the composition
by sree naaraayaNa theertha - the staunch krishna bhaktha.

>2.     This krithi is part content of the letter written by rukminee to krishna
and sent through the elderly brahmin [just recall the 7 slokaas with the
addressing of krishna as "Bhuvana sundharaa" in srimadh bhaagavatham].

>3.     When every body asks krishna "mama kshemam kuru" in the world, will it
not lead to peace and prosperity simply. That is why I wanted to share this
krithi.

>4.     May be the full impact is brought out in the rough translation and
giving meaning. But think it over once more you will feel how great is the
krithi.