You are here: SriPedia - RaamaBhakthi - Archives - Mar 2004

RaamaBhakthi List Archive: Message 00019 Mar 2004

Mar 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI Raama Jayam

Dear Raama BhakthAs:

Today , we will complete the remaining 8 sargams of Sundara KaaNDam.
Tomorrow on SrI Raama Navami day , we will cover the PattAbhishEka
sargam to conclude these nine day long Sundara KaaNDa "PaarAyaNam" .

There are 253 slOkams in these 8 sargams that we will summarize them
today.

61st Sargam: Destruction of Madhu Vanam( Madhuvana Bhanjanam)
After listening to JaamBhavAn's wise counsel , the monkeys took to the air
again and arrived at a fertile garden full of flowers filled with honey.This
was
King Sugreevan's private garden known as Madhu Vanam . The elated
monkeys wanted to drink honey there. Angathan and JaamBavAn gave
the monkeys permission to partake the honey.The monkeys took in
so much honey that they got intoxicated and began to quarrel with each
other and engaged in acts of destruction of the beautiful Madhu Vanam.
The monkeys pounced on the guards of Madhu Vanam and hurt them
in their frenzy .

62nd Sargam : Shouting at the servants of Madhuvanam ( VanapAla
PradharshaNam)
The pandemonium continued with encouragement form HanumAn and Crown Prince
Angadhan.The chief administrator of the Madhu Vanam was Dadhimukhan ,
the uncle of King Sugreevan. He was hit over the head and pushed on the
ground
by the intoxicated Angadhan.Dadhimukhan decided to fly over to Sugreevan's
palace to report the destruction of the Madhu Vanam dear to King Sugreevan.

63rd Sargam: Announcement of the destruction of Madhuvanam(Bhanga
NivEdhanam)
After hearing the complaint of Dadhimukhan , Sugreevan concluded that the
band headed by Angadhan with HanumAn as a key member would not
behave in this wild and unrestrained manner unless they had success in
their mission to locate SeethA PirAtti.SrI Ramachandra and LakshMaNa
were elated to hear Sugreevan's assessment . They became eager
to hear the report form HanumAn.

64th Sargam: HanumAr et al's arrival at Raama Sannidhi( HanumadhAdhya
Gamanam)
Now Dadhimukhan returned to Madhu Vanam and asked for Angadhan's pardon
for his erstwhile harsh behavior.Angadhan requested the monkeys including
HanumAn to travel to the Sannidhi of Lord Raamachandran and RaajA
SugrIvan to share the good news without dealy.The whole group jumped
up in the sky to reach the aasthAnam of their King , where Raama and
LakshmaNa were impatiently waiting.As they neared the site of Sugreevan
in the Maalya Parvatham , Sugreevan assured Raaman that the mission of
HanumAn has been a success and SeethA Devi has been located and that
there is no doubt anymore and requested Raamaa to banish His sorrow :
" SamAsvasii bhadram tE dhrushtA Devee na samsaya: "

Sugreevan consoled RaamA with comforting words: "Oh KOusalyA DEvi's
auspicious son ! Oh King of AyOdhyA with the vratham of performing
AarAdhanam to SrI RanganAthan ! Please be consoled ! Your Devi has been
found. There is no doubt in my mind about that . No one other than HanumAn
would have accomplished this mighty task:

KousalyA SuprajA Raama SamAsvasihi Suvratha
DhrushtA Devee na sandhEhO na chAnyEna HanUmathA
---Sundara KaaNDam: 64.30

Now , the monkeys landed in front of their King Sugreevan
and his distinguished guests, Raama and LakshmaNa.

65th Sargam: Presenting of the ChUDAmaNi ( ChUDAmaNI PradhAnam)
The monkeys prostrated before Sugreevan and the guests .HanumAn described
in great detail His successful mission to LankA to locate SeethA Devi and
the many incidents that followed threafter.He described the KaakAsura
incident as told by SeethA PirAtti to generate the trust of Raama .
Next HanumAn presented Lord Raamachandra with the ChUDAmaNi
handed to Him by SeethA PirAtti as proof of Her existence . HanumAn
coveyed the key message of SeethA that She will hold on to life
for another month until Her Lord arrived in LankA to rescue Her .

66th Sargam: Listening to SeethA's message( SeethA-bhaNitha-prasna:)
Lord Raamachandran hugged His Devi's ChUDAmaNi to His chest and cried out
loud over the sufferings of His DEvi in AsOka Vanam as narrated by HanumAn.
That ChUDAmaNi was a present from Indhran during Lord RaamA's wedding
with SeethA PirAtti at MiTilai.With SeethA Devi's dEha sambhandham ,
the aabharaNam was very dear to Lord Raamachandran.

Raama asked HanumAn to take Him , where His DEvi was found by him.
Raama said that hecan not wait anylonger now that He knew where His
Devi was . Raamaa requested HanumAn to repeat again all what His
Devi sent as a message to Him .

67th Sargam: AnuvAdham of SeethA's message
***************************************
HanumAn repeated the KaakAsuran incident at Chithrakootam
that would have been know only to Raaman and Seethai . HanumAn
passed on SeethA Devi's questions: " How come My Lord rush
to rescue me with His sharp arrows ? Does He have continuing affection
for Me ? Is it that My sins are standing in His way to rescue Me from
my sorrow ?". HanumAn repeated the answers that He gave to SeethA
for these questions that related to the sufferings of Raama without His
dharma pathnee . HanumAn concluded this recount of the happenings
at LankA and assured Raamachandran that SeethA PirAtti is safe
and maintains Her Paathivrathyam ( vow of Chastity ) duirng Her
incarceration and is counting the days for reunion with Her Lord.

68th Sargam: HanumAn's Description of consoling SeethA PirAtti
HanumAn recounted now the conversation between Him and
SeethA Piratti in the context of Her doubt on the diffiuclties for
the army of the monkeys and bears to cross the ocean with
Her Lord and Sugreevan to engage in the battle with the evil
Raavanan . HanumAn's response was : " Oh Devi! Please do not
entertain any doubts about the power of the chieftains of the monkeys.
They will land like me in LankA in one swoop. I will carry both
Raama and LakshMaNa on my shoulders to LankA .You will
reunite with Your Lord soon.You will hear the sound of the victorious
monkeys at LankA . You will complete the vana vaasam and will
return to AyOdhyA to be coronated with Your Lord ":

nivruttha vanavAsam cha ThvayA Saardham-arindhamam
abhishiktham AyOdhyAyAm kshipram dhrakshyasi Raaghavam
--Sundara KaaNDam: 68.28

The final Sargam of Sundara KaaNDam concludes with HanumAn's
consolation of Lord Raamachandran with the recall of His comforting
words to SeethA PirAtti during His mission to LankA:

TathO MayA vaaghbiradheena-bhAshiNA
SivAbhirishtAbhirabhi-prasAdhithA
Jagama Saanthim Mama MyTilAthmajA
TavApi sOkEna tadhaabhipeeDithA
---Sundara KaaNDam Final SlOkam : 68.29

(meaning): Oh Raaghava! Janaka Puthree overcome by sorrow
of seperation from You and Your sufferings without Her in the forest
heard my auspicious and comforting words about Her impending
reunion with You and attained SAANTHI .

SrI Sundara KaaNDam SampoorNam

SrI Jaanakee SamEtha SrI Raamachandra ParabrahmaNE Nama:
Raama Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil VardAchAri SadagOpan

Srimate Sri Laksminrisimha Divya Paduka Sevaka
Srivan Satakopa Sri Narayana Yatindra Mahadesikaya Nama:

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
raamabhakthi-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list