You are here: SriPedia - RaamaBhakthi - Archives - Mar 2004

RaamaBhakthi List Archive: Message 00020 Mar 2004

Mar 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI Raama Jayam

AadhidEvO MahAbhAhu: Hari-NaarAyaNa : Prabhu:
SaakshAth RaamO Raghu-srEshta: sEshO LakshmaNa uchyathE

---PattAbhishEka Sargam: slOkam 116

Sri Raaman , the distinguished scion of Raghu Kulam is none other than
Hari-NaarAyaNa Prabhu ( The Supreme ruler of the Universe)
with beautiful long hands . LakshmaNa is the direct avathAram of
the nithya soori , AadhisEshan on whom the Aadhi Devan ,
SrI Ramachandran reclines at the milky ocean in His VyUhA form.

Dear Raama BhakthAs:

Today is the most auspicious SrI Raama Navami Dinam.
Number of You might have read Sundara KaaNDam and
SrI Raama PattAbhishEka Sargam from Yuddha KaaNDam
as part of the observances .

In this and the subsequent posting for this season celebrating
SrIman NaarayaNA's avathAram as the son of King DasarathA
and Queen Kousalya , let us focus on the sections of the Baala
KaaNDam of SrImadh RaamAyaNam of Adhikavi VaalmIki .

At ThiruvahIndhrapuram , there is the archA moorthy of Lord
RaamachandrA with KodhaNDam in the left hand and an ardha-chandra
(half-Moon) BaaNam in the other with SeethA PirAtti on His right side
and LakshMaNa Swamy as well as HanumAn on the left side .
The beauty of this archA-moorthys led Swamy Desikan
to compose His Masterly Gadhyam revered as " SrI Raghu Veera
Gadhyam " that we recite on this day. The alankAram for this ArchA
Moorthy on SrI Raama Navami day is a feast for one's eyes.
Thiruvaheendhrapuram Bhattars are known for their alankArams
of the Lord on festive occasions.

This whole series postings on Thiruvaheendhrapuram Kaimkaryam
is dedicated to the ongoing RathnAngi Kaimkaryam for Lord
DevanAthan dear to Swamy Desikan.This posting is the 200th
posting in this special series on the RathnAngi Kaimakryam .

On this sacred day of Lord DevanAthan's avathAram as
SrI Raamachandran , I consider myself fortuanate to share
with You all the recently arrived photo images of the Lord's
RathnAngi , which is in different stages of completion .

The sacred Paadham has been completed and is ready for
Ponnadi SaaRRal at Your houses via internet . The other parts
of the RathnAngi are at different degrees of completion as you
will see. Even if they have not been completed , I would like you
to get a sense of the significance and scope of this Kaimkaryam
that number of you have supported . Without Your support
guided by Lord DevanAthan's anugraham , we would not have
come this far . Yes , WE HAVE SOME MORE WAY TO GO
TO REACH THE KAIMKARYA POORTHY STAGE
and we need additional funds before samarpaNam
to the Lord in a few weeks/month's time .PLEASE JOIN IN
THE KAIMKARYAM . IT IS NOT TOO LATE .
Please let me know of your interst in supporting this
Kaimkaryam and bring this thEr to nilai.

The photo images of the RathnAngi are SEVEN IN NUMBER.
The CROWN is not included here. The details of these seven images
and the status of the Kaimkaryam ( in progress or completed )
and their descriptions are provided below:

1. Abhaya Hatham ( in progress)

2. Sankha-Chakram on the two upper hands ( in progress)

3. Left lower hand holding Gathai and the Gathai itself ( in progress)

4. The chest down to waist with Vakshasthala Lakshmi
on the right chest of the Lord ( in progress). Please offer your
praNAmams to the Vaksasthala Lakshmi given as a gift to
the Kaimkaryam by the Master Gold Smith , SrI Mutthuswamy
AchAri of Nagar Koil . He is assisted by 4 more experts
in the different aspects of this RathnAngi Kaimkaryam .
SrI Mutthuswamy AchAri is a nationally decorated craftsmen .

5. From waist down to ankles with PeethAmbharam ( in progress)

6. COMPLETED Golden pair of the Lord's feet enmeshed with rathnams
( PadhmarAgams of different shades of red and emeralds as well as
diamonds for the nails of the toes) : STATIONARY/RESTING POSTURE

7. COMPLETED Golden pair of the Lord's feet enmeshed with rathnams :
MOVING/WALKING POSTURE ready to enter our houses and hearts.

All the other parts of the RathnAngis will be enmeshed with gems
and inlaid with gold as in the case of the Paadhams during the next
few weeks by the Goldsmiths and Master Craftsmen .

This RathnAngi has been made to measure directly from
the ThirumEni of Lord DevanAthan at Thiruvaheendhrapuram .

HERE IS THE URL HOUSING THESE 7 IMAGES.
PLEASE ENJOY THEM ON THIS RAAMA NAVAMI DAY :

http://www.svuniverse.net/trk.html

There is a lot more to do . Please come and join in supporting
the rest of the Kaimkaryam.

In a companion posting , I will cover the Birth of Raama
as a result of the Puthra KaamEshti Yaagam of King
DasaraTaa at AyOddhyaa .

NamO NamO RaadhavAya anisam ,
Raama Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri SadagOpan

SrI Jaanakee SamEtha SrI Raamachandra ParabrahmaNE Nama:
Raama Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil VardAchAri SadagOpan

Srimate Sri Laksminrisimha Divya Paduka Sevaka
Srivan Satakopa Sri Narayana Yatindra Mahadesikaya Nama:

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
raamabhakthi-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list