You are here: SriPedia - RaamaBhakthi - Archives - Sep 2004

RaamaBhakthi List Archive: Message 00016 Sep 2004

Sep 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI :

May I invite your attention to the efforts underway to construct
two residences for the Priests of SrI RanganAtha Temple at
Pomona , NY ?

As visitors or as those who have read about the temple know that
there are 8 sannidhis here ( SrI RanganAtha , Sri RanganAyaki , Sri Andal ,
Sri Venkatesa , Sri Venugopalan , Sri Lakshminrusimhan ,
Sri Ramachandran and His Family as well as Garudan ) .

The Temple web site contains a wealth of information about this
unique temple in North America , which follows the PaancharAthra Aagamam
and the Srirangam temple procedures meticulously :

http://www.ranganatha.org

We have the good fortune to have outstanding /erudite priests /ArchakAs ,
who are well trained in VedA adhyayanam , Dhivya Prabhandham recitation
and UpAdhyAyam . The Religious committee of the temple has gone
to extraordinary lengths to identify and attract such traditional and
gifted Priests to serve the Lord and His community . We would like them
to have comfortable private quarters , bring their families here and
establish new standards of excellence in serving Lord RanganAtha
and His devotees .

These priests since the inauguration of the temple have lived in
cramped quarters inside the temple. Their families could not join them
under the present circumstances . There would be a tremendous advantage
for them to have seperate quarters in the land adjascent to the temple owned
by the temple .

We need $150,000 to construct two residences for them .
It is towards this goal , the Temple Board has come up with
the organization of a One time RAFFLE to raise the funds for
the construction of the Priest Quarters in 2005 . The details of
the Raffle are described in the Web pages under the title: NEW--Raffle for
Priest Quarters(http://www.ranganatha.org ) . Please refer to this section.

In summary , individual Raffle ticket costs $100 and N.Y State has approved
the sale of 1,500 Tickets for this initative . You can buy as many as you
wish to increase your chances of winning one of the three prizes :

(1) First Prize: BMW 300 Series 2005 (4 Door , automatic) /30,000$ value .

(2) Second Prize: 1 Week/Year Time sharing for Life ,
Virginai Beach Holiday Apartment : 11,000$ value

(3) Third Prize: Round Trip Ticket for two to India : $3,000 Value

We have sold 200 Tickets sofar and have quite someway to go
( Sale of additional 1300 tickets ) before the draw date of midnight ,
Dec 31,2004 . You can purchase the Tickets by Cash, Check
or credit card .

Please contact me or Dr.Venkat Kanumalla , the Chairman of
the temple to purchase your tickets and help the noble cause of
housing the priests and their families to serve the dhivya Dampathis .
Dr.Kanumalla can be reached at kanumalla@xxxx

With Lord RanganAthA's anugraham and your support , the Temple hopes
to realize the Construction of the Priest Quarters in 2005 .

Many thanks in advance for your attention and support ,

V.Sadagopan
Secretary , The Board of Sri RanganAtha Temple .

P.S : In my mind , $100 investment with chances to win ( 3 in 2,000 )
is a good one; most importantly , you will be helping an important
cause to support the nithyArAdhanam for Lord RanganAtha to
proceed under the best circumstances . Please contact me or
Dr.Venkat Kanumalla for any clarifications on this one time raffle .
Thank you .

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
raamabhakthi-subscribe@yahoogroups.com