You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Apr 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00031 Apr 2002

Apr 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

dear bhAgavathAs,

This mail is regarding the recent discussions on
a post by srI Anand karalapAkkam in another forum.

Let us remember one important thing here - If someone
takes pride in saying that XXX/YYY is NOT their
AchAryA, then that person is the one that is the
loser.
For, s/he is not able to let go of his/her own ego -
i.e. XXX/YYY is not *MY* AchArya! -

When we are not even sure whether we are capable of
being the followers of any of these great realized
souls, why try to "qualify" someone to be good enough
to be *MY* AchArya?

It is indeed true that in the rAmAnuja sampradAya,
no distinction is made between srI vEdAnta dEsika
and others. All are our AchAryAs and every one's
words and conduct are important *without* exception.
Just a proper understanding of the
words/context/conduct is needed on our part.

Let us remember that, and focus on enjoying all
of their gifts to us, and make ourselves useful to
the world around us.

adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan,
varadhan