You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Apr 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00099 Apr 2002

Apr 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri Parthasarathi thunai
Srimathe Ramanujaya namaha

Dear Sri TCA Venkatesan,
Sri Ananthazhvan's explanation to the paasuram was
superb. There are so many such instances in our Guru
Paramparai which are nice to hear even when we know
them earlier. please do keep posting more such
anubhavangal of our beloved acharyas.
I remember one instance where there is a dialogue
between Sri Nanjeeyer and Sri Ananthazhvan. After
taking Sanyasam Sri Nanjeeyer was going to SriRangam
to meet his acharyan Sri Paraasara Bhattar. On his way
he meets Thirumalai Ananthazhvan. Sri Ananthazhvan
asked Nanjeeyer why he has taken up sanyasam for which
Nanjeeyer replied because sanyasa ashrama is called as
Moksha ashrama. Hearing this Sri Ananthazhvan gave an
excellent reply. "vaErtha podhu kulithu pasitha podhu
vunDu Bhattar Thiruvadigale gadhi endru erundal
paramapada naadan tallividuvano?" (that is you live
how ever you want, bath because it sweats and eat
whenever hungry but keep saying onething that My
Acharya is always there to protect me, then will
paramapada nathan push you from srivaikundam?) This
shows the great Acharya Bhakthi and faith that just
surrendering to the acharyan will lead us to the
Moksha. What greatness each acharyan in our Guru
paramparai possesses!!! We can keep talking about them
life long.

Alwar Emperumanar Jeeyer Thiruvadigale Charanam
Adiyen Ramanuja Dasyai
Sumithra Varadarajan.

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia