You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Apr 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00135 Apr 2002

Apr 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

srImathE rAmAnujAya namaha
srImadh varavara munayE namaha

Dear Sri Mani, Sri Venkatesh Elayavalli and all,

I agree to your views and I sincerely apologize for this piece of
posting. After reading through, I realised that this para was
unwarranted and should not have been included. Sorry for the offense
from my end. I assure you that I will be more careful in future.

AzhwAr emberumAnAr jeeyar thiruvadigaLE saraNam
adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
Thirumalai Vinjamoor Venkatesh

--- In ramanuja@xxxx, "elayavalli" <elayavalli@xxxx> wrote:
> Sri:
> SrimathE Ramanujaya Namaha:
> AzhwAr EmperumAnAr Jeeyar thiruvadigalE Saranam,
>
> Dear Sri Venkatesh
>
> With due respects I have to come to Mani's defence here. There is
no
> reason to bringing in a different hearsay to a discussion that is
not
> related to the initial question. As you and others believe, mani's
> question was not intended to counter a traditional belief under
some
> ulterior motive. Given that it is not fair to bring up a tangential
> topic and then apologising for bringing it up. Please, let us not
> fall into this trap of he said, she said issues, which will only
make
> things worse.
>
> Thanks
>

> Venkatesh Elayavilli
>
> > On the other hand, I came to know a disturbing hearsay, that, as
> Sri
> > emberumAnAr in Thirumalai is not wearing a kAshAya vasthram and
> also
> > since he has a vyAkhyA mudhrai, this is actually Swamy dEsikan
and
> > only the thenkalais, later converted this to Sri emberumAnAr.
> Please
> > do not say that none of you heard this. This is a very very
popular
> > rumour. Any clues on this? I am sorry to have dragged this
argument
> > into another potential thread. But I did this to let you all know
> how
> > the hearsays, can be true and false both to either of the sect or
> > people. But what I am surprised in this is that the question is
on
> > Sri emberumAnAr's sannidhi, who is undisputedly the greatest
> AchArya
> > for both the sects. This is not on a sannidhi of Sri maNavALa
> > mAmunigaL or Sri dEsikar. So what are we going to gain with this
> and
> > what is the clarification one is expecting. I am sure nobody, who
> is
> > rational, will say Sri Mani was wrong when he initiated this.
While
> > Sri Mani's view is one possible view, the other view is also
> another
> > possibility. I think this has to be left just here.

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list