You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - May 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00207 May 2003

May 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

I guess what you are missing is that this is the perspective of
the "Lord". He wants to attribute the moksham/his krupai to "its" act
(Sahetukam). But from the jeevatma's(prapanna) perspective, it
realizes that it did nothing to attain moksham and that it was HIS
unconditional krupai(Nirhetukam) that gave it the moksham. I guess I
have pretty much explained these different perspectives in my

Yatheendra Pravanam Vandhe RAMYA Jamataram Munim

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan,
Lakshmi Narasimhan

--- In ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "nappinnai_nc" <nappinnai_nc@xxxx>
wrote:
> Sri:
> Srimathe Ramanujaya nama:
>
> > This is exactly what I had explained in my previous post
regarding
> > swaroopam and swabhavam. Lord loses nothing as per his swaroopam.
> > But his swabhavam is such that he eagerly expects the jeevatma to
> > turn towards HIM out of "its" will and not by HIS will.
>
> This "turning towards Him" also happens due to His grace only and
the
> jIvatma realizes that it has realized its swarUpam(wrt God) because
> of God's grace ONLY and not out of its "own will". I have the
english
> trasnlation by van buitenan of EmperumAnAr's gita bhAShyam. I don't
> have the book right now but can quote the exact words(that this
> realization happens due to His grace ONLY)sometime later if one
> wants. Nowhere in divya prabandham,AzhvArs claim/declare that they
> realized their swarUpam out of their "own will" but by His will
only.

> AzhvAr emperumAnAr jIyar thiruvadigaLE sharaNam
> NC Nappinnai

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com