You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Aug 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00050 Aug 2003

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:

Veerasigamani Pallavarayan asked Bhattar "As I am
involved in the matters of the kingdom, I don't
get the opportunity to listen about the Lord.
Therefore, please teach me something in which I
can take refuge in".

Bhattar told him "Think about the beach".

Pallavarayan did not follow what Bhattar was saying
and stood looking confused.

Bhattar then explained "Sri Rama reached the salty
ocean and stood in its beach like an ocean of
nectar. A huge army of monkeys was waiting under
His command, while Ravana was on the other side.
The army being of this world became tired after
work and fell asleep. At which time, Rama and
Lakshmana walked around with their bows and arrows
protecting the entire sleeping army all night,
like a bird protecting its egg under its wings,
as if they were walking walls. Therefore, take
your refuge in that Lord's hand and in the bow
that He carries".

That is, if He protects us while we sleep, then
where is the need for us to ask Him to look at
us?

Azhvar Emberumanar Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Sharanam

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list