You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Aug 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00067 Aug 2003

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:

Dear devotees,
This reminded me of some famous lines but don't remember
who the author is. The content goes like this: There is a devotee.
He observes another pair of footsteps besides his during all happy
moments in his life. But during times of crisis,he observed only one
pair of footsteps. So the devotee asks the Lord:" whenever I was
happy you accompanied me,but when I was undergoing tough times,I saw
only one pair of footsteps. Why didn't you accompany me those times?.
The Lord replies: Those footsteps were mine and during difficult
times,I carried you in my arms". It is because of that antharyAmi,we
all escape from heart attacks during difficult times.

AzhvAr emperumAnAr jIyar thiruvadigaLE sharaNam
NC Nappinnai

> That is, if He protects us while we sleep, then
> where is the need for us to ask Him to look at
> us?
>
> Azhvar Emberumanar Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Sharanam

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list