You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Feb 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00047 Feb 2002

Dear BhAgavatas,

I think we need to start working on this right away.
Many a times I have seen on the web such requests
begin and stop due to lack of a concerted effort.

Sri Mukundan, can we start using VEDICS for this
purpose of gathering funds? Once we establish that,
and decide on where the funds should start going
initially, then we can start the collection process.

We probably should take a page from Sri Ahobilam
Mutt sishyas who have established a branch in the
US and have effectively collected funds as a tax
exempt organization and sent it back to India for
various kainkaryams. I know recently they collected
$150,000 and sent it to the Ahobilam Jeeyar on his
tirunakshatram day.

We should look at Sri Venkat Iyengar's suggestion
of continuously collecting funds and using the
interest gathered for various efforts. I remember
Sri Mukundan stating that he wanted to collect one
million dollars for our sampradhayam. I don't know
how long it might take to get there but we can all
start now toward that goal.

adiyEn is willing to help in any way I can to get
this effort going in the US.

As part two of this subject, I also want to address
the note from Sri TA Varadhan about the Ramanuja
Library. I had sent a personal email to Sri Mukundan
about this some time ago - I think we need to
duplicate this library globally wherever there is
a collecion of Srivaishnavas. Even if it is only
a room in someone's house, as long as it is
cataloged and ready to be loaned periodically to
all of us, that should be a great start.

adiyEn madhurakavi dAsan
TCA Venkatesan

--- "Venkat Iyengar S."