You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Feb 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00050 Feb 2002

Dear Sri Varadhan,
Really very happy to hear the progress on divya desa
kainkaryam. Regarding the need for people to do
translation and scanning work My uncle is very much
interested in doing this work. He is a retired
Engineer from railways, residing in Srirangam. If it
is okay for you all, i can request him to participate
in this kainkaryam.

Dasan
Thirumalai

--- tavaradhan <tavaradhan@xxxx> wrote:
> srImathE rAmAnujAya namah
>
> dear bhAgavathAs,
>
> srI venkatEsan wrote,
>
> > I think we need to start working on this right
> away.
> > Many a times I have seen on the web such requests
> > begin and stop due to lack of a concerted effort.
>
> I definitely agree with the above statement. In
> fact,
> I am one of the people guilty of not putting a
> concerted
> effort towards the divya dEsam kainkaryams, after
> we all started the efforts about a year and a half
> back.
> All we managed to do was to support a few
> divyadEsams
> for about a year or so, and the effort to make it a
> widespread movement never occured.
>
> One key lesson we learnt is the absolute need for
> local
> involvement in these divyadEsams. We have to have
> local
> people supervising these efforts, and all we can do
> is
> set up a framework for financial and organizational
> help. We hope we can continue learning through this
> effort as well.
>
> We have to maintain focus.In fact, that is one of
> the
> reasons we are planning to do this effort
> separately,
> without merging it with any other kainkarya sabha
> etc.
> (but of course, involving all the necessary people)
> -
> The focus was completely lost the previous time
> around.
>
> > Sri Mukundan, can we start using VEDICS for this
> > purpose of gathering funds? Once we establish
> that,
>
> We potentially should start thinking about a monthly
> automatic payment scheme ($50/100 per month, etc..)
> into this pool of money. Similar efforts can be done
> here in India as well.
>
> > and decide on where the funds should start going
> > initially, then we can start the collection
> process.
>
> This is the key. We obviously need to know what we
> need the money for. So far, here is what we have
> 1. support for additional archaka/paricharakas for
> thirunAngUr area
> 2. support for day-2-day temple operations in
> kAnchipuram
> area (not yet completed)
> 3. nitya-ArAdhana corpus in some of these temples,
> as
> the need arises.
>
> > We should look at Sri Venkat Iyengar's suggestion
> > of continuously collecting funds and using the
> > interest gathered for various efforts.
>
> This definitely is one good suggestion. Maybe the
> best
> thing to do is to identify someone in the US who can
> identify and prioritize the goals of such
> collections
> and work with someone from India on this. Any
> volunteers? (srI TCA VenkatEsan?)

> [...]

=====
Thirumalai Narayanan

Nalam Tharum Solai Naan Kandukonden NARAYANA Ennum Namam