You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Feb 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00051 Feb 2002

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:

Dear Sri TA Varadhan,

The automatic payment scheme is a key thing in
collecting funds. Otherwise, the cash flow
will ebb and flow and kainkaryam will also be
interrupted. I am willing to take care of this
from the US side, though due to lack of
experience I will be needing help from all of
us here to get this set up.

I think the first step is to identify an organization
(such as VEDICS) and get it registered as a tax
exempt organization. Second, we need to decide on
the collection process so that it happens
efficiently and periodically and also make sure
that everyone gets a prompt receipt (this has been
one of my peeves in the past when donating to
kainkaryams). There are other logistics in here
that needs to be defined and I don't want to make
this a lengthy email right now. So, we can talk about
that after we get past the first stage.

The key is to start working on this as soon as
possible.

adiyEn madhurakavi dAsan
TCA Venkatesan