You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Feb 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00025 Feb 2004

--- In ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lakshmi Narasimhan" <nrusimhan@xxxx>
wrote:

Dear Sriman Narasimhan,

I agree with what you have said. I think Alwar suggests here thinking
of BhagavAn's guNas and not nAma alone. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Whatever is said on ashtAksharI applies very well to gAyatrI. here
also meaning is important and one can have faith in that meaning if
convinced. adiyEn will try to get the meaning of gAyatrI as given in
rAmAyaNa commentary of gOvindarAja.

I have a doubt. sandhyAvandanam itself is a ritual performed in
limited time and chanting of gAyatrI is a part of it. So one cannot
think of His qualities while repeating gAyatrI. So is it not better to
devote some time to read some pASurams with their meanings or
bhagavadguNa darpaNam (sahasranAma commentary) rather than spending
time in rituals e.g. sandhyAvandanam?

adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
Vishnu

Home Page