You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Feb 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00024 Feb 2004

--- In ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "vaidhehi_nc" <nappinnai_nc@xxxx> wrote:
> Sri:
> Srimathe Ramanujaya nama:
> Dear SriMahaVishnu,

Dear Ms Nappinnai,

I am undoubtedtly the least learned and the most ignorant in this forum.

You are right in saying that chanting ashtAksharI goes agaisnt the
principles of SrIvachana bhUshaNam (also mumukshuppadi). That is why
most of the Thenkalai AchAryas do not prescribe any sort of japam.
However, I did not want to project "not chanting it" as another
ritual. That is why I wrote that one can chant it umpteen times.

adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
Vishnu

> I envy your name and your clarity of thought process
> as well :-) With my maNdUka knowledge,I can feel that you have the
> right perspective of TK sampradAyam. I feel that chanting mUla
> manthram umpteen number of times defies TK sampradAyam completely and
> also violates srI vacana bhUShaNam to the core if one gives stress to
> and the benefits of the chanting as a ritual. When I read your
> mails,my thoughts get sharpened and tuned. I miss your personal
> mails. Once in a while,please send mails loaded with bhagavad
> knowledge. Only a bhAgavatha like you can uplift souls like me with
> viparIta j~nAnam.
>
> AzhvAr emperumAnAr jIyar thiruvadigaLE sharaNam
> NC Nappinnai

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com