You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Feb 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00117 Feb 2004

Dear Vishnu & bhAgavatas,
I'll clarify something explicitly, which was always implicit in my

#1. I never claimed gaudias belong to some 'inferior sampradAyam'
than us, because they foresake vedic chanting and vedic rituals.

#2. I never claimed that 'somehow being affiliated with vedas/vedic
practices/vedic rishis' is quintessential to attain mOksha.

It is a matter of definiton - There may be other valid ways to attain
mOksha, but the point I was making was, you cannot call yourself a
srI vaishNava brAhman and yet foresake vedic practices. Our
pUrvAchAryas did not ignore them and some have even performed srauta
sacrifices like agnishToma.

That bhagavAn is a karuNAmUrti and he will forgive you for your sins
is a different issue. (Are you accepting that this is a sin after
all :-) ?)

Regards,
Kasturi Rangan .K

Home Page