You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Jan 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00142 Jan 2003

Jan 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

sAra sangraham

5. "eNNumin endhai nAmam, ippiRappaRukkum appAl" 10-2-5
The connexion with this world is such that though it exposes the fallacies and
disadvantages, it still attracts us. Such a type of cycle of births is being
removed by YOu, just by thinking Your divine name.

6. "undhan thiruvuLLam idar kedum dhoRum,nAngaL viyakka inbuRudhum" 10-3-9

It is to be recalled that this padhigam namely "vEi maru thOLiNai" is one the
padhigam-s indicating prApya swarUpam. That this ten pAsuram-s explain the
nature of the soul on attaining the emperumAn. The nature is that we are for
His enjoyment. This is being time and again reiterated by AzhwAr. that is what
is again emphasised in the above verse. The distress in Your heart is removed
which makes us happy.

It is not that we enjoy only when You are with us. We are happy when YOu enjoy
with those with whom You want to be. Even if that is the case we are happy as
it makes You happy.

(to be continued)
vAnamAmalai padmanAbhan

Home Page