You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Jan 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00146 Jan 2003

Jan 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri Parthasarathi thunai
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha
Sri Vara Vara munayE Namaha

Dear bhAgavatas,

In andal?s thiruppAvai she refers to Sri chakravarthi thirumagan as
manadhukkiniyAn (one who is sweet to our minds). But can we have darshan of
thesame dAsarathi, today? No. That is why our acharyas call the
vibhavAvadhArams to be perukkAru (floods), which exists only during one time,
and thenall the water will drain away. But what is the solution to our water
problem? Only the water, which was stored in ponds during the floods, can be
used later. Those are similar to the archAvadhArams we enjoy today.

The sacrad places where the archA thirumEni?s of emperuman is consecratedcan be
classified into either divya desams or abhimAna stalams. Those archAvadhArams
that have been sung by the alwars (mangalAsAsanams) are called as divya desams
and are 108 in number. Some of the temples like rajamannArkudi gopalan
sannadhi, melkotai thirunArayanan sannadhi have not been sung by alwars but
have their special greatness due to the abhimAnam of the acharyas. There are
many more such abhimAna stalams that have their specialities but not recognized
by many.

One such divya stalam is thirupathoor Gajendra Varadaraja perumal
sannadhi,considered to be an abhimana stalam for thiruvallikeni Parthasarathi
perumal. This temple is located in north Arcot district. According to the
historical research this temple is some 1000 years old. Initially there was
only perumal and thayar sannadhi, later Sri lakshmi narasimhar sannadhi is
supposed to have been constructed. But now due to the bhakthi and shraddhai of
many bhagavatas, the temple has been beautifully renovated with many more
sannadhis added and also the raja gopuram constructed in a very elegant manner.
The samprOkshanam to the temple has been done in a very great manner on
18.11.2001. Surprising feature of this temple is that it is located in a muslim
dominated area and not many Brahmins around. But the bhagavatasaround this
temple have a close attachment towards this perumal. Bhattars(archakas) who
have charge formally in Thiruvallikeni Parthasarathi templetake care of this
temple also.

Adiyen had the chance to visit this temple 2 or 3 years back for the first
time. The peaceful atmosphere of the temple with beautiful garden around really
attracted me. The perumal and thAyar filled my minds. Here the utsavar is
called as manadhukkiniyAn, what an apt name for him? Every year there is one
special utsavam in this temple. It is called as ?thirumalayil oru nAl?. All
that is done in thirupathi daily is done in this temple that day. It is like
thiruvenkadavan himself coming down to shower his blessings on all of us.
Beautiful part is, on that day archakas from thirumalaicome to thirupattoor,
Srivilliputur nAchiyar sends here soodikkalaidha mAlai and Parthasarathi sends
his archakas, malai and all honors to gajendra varadan. It is indeed a grand
celebration.

All other regular utsavams are also held in this temple. Recently, adiyen
visited the temple on ?koodArai valli? on which day thirukkalyAna mahotsavam to
andal and perumal is celebrated in this temple (instead of the usual bhogi
kalyanam in other temples). Adiyen was really amazed to see the changes in the
temple after the samprokshanam. The temple has taken new shape with the raja
gopuram, new sannadhis for andal, Manavala mAmunigal and sudarsanAzhvar. The
sannadhis have been decorated with beautifully architectured doors (Ramayana
and mahabharatha stories engraved). The kannAdi araifor perumal is
extraordinarily beautiful. All the credit goes to the great bhagavatas over
there. Sri Gajendra varadarAja perumal kainkaryam trust and Sri EmperumAnAr
sabhA, Sri EmperumAnAr trusts are really doing great kainkaryams to
thirupattoor gajendra varadan. For all those great souls who are doing so much
kainkaryams ?thalaiyallAl kaimArilEnE?.

Adiyen's humble request to you all is to avail the first opportunity to visit
this temple and get the grace and blessings of gajendra varadarAja perumal.
This temple is located on the vellore-salem highway 80 Km from velloreand 7 Km
from jollarpet railway junction. The temple is towards the east from
thirupattor bus stop. The temple has a room for tourist to keep theirluggages
and also other facilities. Sri Vanamamalai Jeeyer swamy, Srirangam ranga
nArayana Jeeyer swamy, Thirumala thirupathi rAmanuja Periya jeeyerswamy,
Thirumala thirupathi chinna jeeyer swamy and many others have done
mangalAsAsanams to this divya stalam.

Perumal resides in different forms in different places. He has so much
sowlabhyam that he even comes running to the call of an elephant gajendran
andaccepts the small flower the elephant submitted to perumal with great
bhakthi. He is so eager to come to our call that he stays even today in
different divya desams to avoid any delay. In thirupattoor, emperuman remains
asgajendra varadan reminding us of the episode of gajendra moksham ?Anaikku
andru arulai Endra kannarA? says periyAzhvar and prays to emperuman to come
during his last moments to save him from the cycle of birth and death
(appodaikku eppOdhE solli vaiththEn).

When perumal with so much krupai has come to this leela vibhuthi leaving his
enjoyment in the nithya vibhuthi with the nithyasooris to lift us all, isn?t it
our duty to show our grateful to the extent possible towards that perumal? Of
course, we cannot do anything equal to the amount of krupai heshowers on us nor
does he expects any but it is for our mental satisfaction and also to make him
happy we have to take care of our divya desams and abhimana stalams. Can we
leave our mother and father without good clothing,food etc and live happily?
Our parents never get happy with just the money we send, they surely want us to
be with them and do service to them. Similarly we should not just stop with
contributing money for the kainkaryams in the divya desams but should visit the
perumals and make them happy with our kainkaryams. Any kainkaryam is for his
pleasure and not for our happiness. That is the bottomline of our sampradayam.

Alwar EmperumAnAr Jeeyer thiruvadigalE sharanam
Adiyen rAmAnuja dAsee
Sumithra Varadarajan