You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Jan 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00147 Jan 2003

Jan 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya nama:
Dear Smt Sumithra,
Humble pranams to you. I always enjoy your articles as they
are attached to Parthasarathy. Your statements "for our mental
satisfaction" and "any kainkaryam is for his pleasure" seem
contradictory to me(maybe I misread your thoughts). Even parents
have "little" expectation! But He does not have "any" expectation.
It is only expectations that cause unhappiness. You yourself had
written that "parents never get happy...".

It is easier to develop mental cleaniliness in "upAyam" than
in "upEyam(service to the Lord)". Meaning while doing kaimkaryam,we
should not derive any happiness. Personally I had never been
successful. Conciously but unintentionally there is some happiness
produced in me when I do kaimkaryam(be it chanting some prabandham or
a thought about Ramanuja or other purvAchAryas). Has anyone
experienced the same? Is it avoidable or can it be avoided and how?

AzhvAr EmperumAnAr Jeeyar TiruvadigaLE sharaNam
NC Nappinnai

>Of course, we cannot do anything equal to the amount of krupai he
>showers on us nor does he expects any but it is for our mental
>satisfaction and also to make him happy we have to take care of our
>divya desams and abhimana stalams. Can we leave our mother and
>father without good clothing, food etc and live happily? Our
>parents never get happy with just the money we send, they surely
>want us to be with them and do service to them. Similarly we should
>not just stop with contributing money for the kainkaryams in the
>divya desams but should visit the perumals and make them happy with
>our kainkaryams. Any kainkaryam is for his pleasure and not for our
>happiness. That is the bottomline of our sampradayam.

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list