You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Jun 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00047 Jun 2002

Jun 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:
SrimathE RAmAnujAya nama:

Dear Venkatesh,

Thanks for the reply. As you said,if all the works of
Swami Desikan are available then how come 74000ppadi alone is
missing. One can give credit only to what is existing. If I am
writing a journal article,I'll quote only those who have given
contributions exactly in that area. Otherwise why would I cite their
names in the reference list?

Yes,one can not change someone who "pretends"! Tirukkachi
nambi is one of the AchAryAs of EmperumAnAr. A true sisyA has to fall
at his AchAryA's feet(otherwise he will not learn anything from the
AchAryA). With just common sense,one can easily say that RAmAnujA
must have fallen at Tirukkkachi nambi's feet(irrespective of the
caste).

Can you write an article on varNAsrama dharmam(genuine
interpretation)as per vEda sAstrAs for my benefit? Since I'm not
previleged to learn,I would like to know what's said in that.

I have heard that "pancha sUktam" comes in all the four
vEdAs. Also people say vEdAs are ApouruSEya. Is there any parallel
connection between this and the "puruSa sUktam"? My question is
what's the connection between puruSa in apouruSEya and the puruSa in
puruSa sUktam? What does "puruSa" appearing in two places refer to?
Can you highlight on this?

Can you tell the meaning of pAsurams 36 and 57 of URM
(UPadEsa RaththinamAlai)? In fact I will be very happy if someone
writes on entire URM. Though I understand a good tamizh,I should not
misinterpret the meanings. If you have learnt URM(with vyAkhyAnams)
under an AchAryA,I request you to post as and when time permits you.

> Do you really think that if they write a rebuttal, people like Sri
> Parthasarathy Dileepan & Anand Karalapakkam will change. So why
> should they waste their energies on this. Let small people like me
> do this. Of One can wake a person who is really sleeping
> but not the person who is acting as if he is sleeping.

Yes,you're right. Even that "Lord PArthasarathy" wouldn't be able to
change such people. Along the lines of Sri Mukundan,I do agree that
we should focus our energies on right people. And God will send right
people to us and vice versa. I know a boy(3 weeks friendship) who was
a shivaite(eating non-veg) now has become a veg,sri vaishNavite. He
asked me to teach him ViSNu sahasranamam and he says that he always
thinks that "only association" makes a person good/bad and one should
always associate onself with people who are better than oneself so
that one can learn from the other person. How true! It's all HIS work.

AzhwAr EmperumAnAr Jeeyar TiruvadigaLE saraNam
gita

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com