You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Jun 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00090 Jun 2002

Jun 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha:

Lord, Sriman Narayana out of His divine mercy provides us with
oppurtunities to learn, fall in love and get closer to HIM.
We request all the devotees to make use of
this oppurtunity to start the learning process.

With the mangalasasanams of HH Tridandi ChinnaJeeyar Swami
JETUSA & VEDICS Foundation are pleased to present
Lecture Series on
====================================
Bhagavad Gita, Srimad Bhagavatham in English.
Bhagavad Vishayam, Sri Bashyam in Tamil.
====================================
& more by

Sri U.Ve.Velukkudi V. Krishnan Swami

in the US (June 27th to August 4th, 2002)

NEW YORK NEW JERSEY PITTSBURGH SAN FRANSISCO HOUSTON
AUSTIN CHICAGO BOSTON WASHINGTON D.C.

For more Information: www.radioramanuja.com
e-mail: velukkudi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cities/ Dates & Contacts
====================================
New York / New Jersey Jun 26 to Jul 4 & Aug 4
Smt & Sri Srinivasan (609) 275 8802
(609) 275 8743

San Fransisco Jul 5 to 10
Sri Srikumar (408) 446 1940
Sri Thirumalai (510) 713 7385
Sri Gunaseelan (408) 615 1163

Houston Jul 11 to 19
Sri Sridhar Srinivasan (281) 556 1723
Sri Anand Srinivasan (281) 291 7376

Chicago Jul 20 26
Smt & Sri Krishnamachari (630) 355 2848
Smt Chitra Madhavan (630) 978 7110

Boston Jul 26 Aug 2
Sri Sunder Saranathan (508) 879 9254
Sri Kannapiran (508) 651 0443

Washington, DC Aug 2 & 3
Smt Shiela Belur (301) 805 1737
Smt & Sri Aharam (410) 992 8616

Live on telebridge: 6 to 7 AM CST : in Tamil
Bhagavad Vishayam : June 28, July 1, 2, 3, 4, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
& Sribashyam : July 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 & 31

Phone: (405) 244 5555, Code 1533#
Details : www.radioramanuja.com
====================================

====================
Purpose of this USA Tour
====================
* Make theistic public aware of the true essence of our philosophy and
tradition
* Provide beginners/students an opportunity to learn and absorb Vaishnava
philosophy as expounded in Bhagavad Gita, Srimad Bhagavadam, Bhagavad Vishayam
and Sri Bashyam from an authentic scholar.
* Provide rare opportunity for scholars interested in philosophy to
clarify erudite philosophical concepts
* Strengthen Sri Vaishnava culture in the light of modern knowledge,
present day needs and life styles
* Inculcate respect, especially among youngsters towards our tradition
* Increase awareness of the need to support our ancient temples in India

=====================
About Sri Velukkudi Swami
=====================
Sri Velukkudi Swami is a world-renowned scholar and an ardent practitioner of
our tradition. He has been giving lectures to a wide spectrum of audience
around the world on a wide variety of topics based on Vedas, Upanishads,
Bhagavad Gita, Srimad Ramayanam, Srimad Bhagavatam, Dhivya Prabhandhams known
as Tamil Vedam, and Vishnu SahasraNamam. He is proficient in English, Hindi,
Sanskrit and Tamil.

He is a trained chartered accountant, who left a lucrative successful
profession to immerse himself in this noble task of spreading the Vaishnava
philosophy.

He enjoys discussions and answering questions on various aspects of
leading life in US while maintaining faith and traditional practices. His
proficiency in English allows him to reach many, especially youngsters. His
lectures have been sponsored by renowned institutions like Tirumala Tirupathi
Devasathanams and also widely covered by newspaper and television media. He has
given lectures in many major cities within India like Bombay, Bangalore,
Calcutta, Hyderabad, Madurai as well as in other countries like Thailand,
Singapore and Malaysia.

Sri Velukkudi Swami's titles include ?Baala Vaag Amrutavarshi? and ?Upanayasa
Kanteerava?.

His humanitarian services include association with a charitable trust which has
been starting schools and small hospitals in rural areas to propagate message
of brotherhood. He is the Chairman Trustee of Swami Nammazhvar (India)
Foundation and a trustee of Kaarimaran kalai kaapagam both charitable trusts
having the aim of preserving and propagating Sanskrit and Tamil Vedas. He is
also involved in many temple renovations.

=========================
The other Purpose of this tour
=========================
Maintaining an ancient temple is better than building a hundred new ones. That
is the reason why Yashoda who brought up Sri Krishna, attained greater eminence
compared to Devaki who gave birth to Him. When the temple is a Divyadesam, the
service is all the more significant.

?Serve our Temples? is an intiative to help our temples by restoring basic
services, food, shelter, education, financial independence
Dream a little. Do a little

"What we can do, we must" - As He allows us to use His resources for Him via
devotees like us.

Back home in India, there are so many temples deprived of their basic needs and
services, primarily due to lack of funds. With galloping prices, temple assets
stripped, no government support, the temples have never found it as difficult
to sustain as they have now. Most of the temples are deprived of basic
necessities for the unhindered performance of minimum daily prayers.

1. One priest to offer prayers and keep the premises clean and open (Rs 2500
per month)
2. Food, Oil, Flowers (Rs 2500 per month)

With just $100 per month (Rs 5000 per month) we have a divine opportunity to
preserve a temple. It is the solemn duty to preserve the temple not only for
current day devotees to have a divine Darshan but also for our future
generations.

>From the U.S, far away from India, yet you can still make a difference. Allow
His Grace to flow, and spend His money for His causes.

Vedics Foundation volunteers to serve as a bridge between those willing
devotees who have resources and the temples in need. Vedics has already reached
out to a few temples.

Please visit www.radioramanuja.com for helping an ancient temple. For further
details mail divyadesam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx / or call

Smt & Sri Srinivasan (609) 275 8802, (609) 275 8743
Sri Gunaseelan (408) 615 1163
Sri Sunder Saranathan (508) 879 9254
Smt. Chitra Madhavan (630) 978 7110
Sri Mukundan (312) 850 1169