You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Jun 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00094 Jun 2002

Jun 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

srImathE rAmAnujAya namaha

Respected Sri Ramanuja members

I am Sholinghur Asuri Narasimhan.

Acharya: Sri Kovil Kandadai Appan Ramanujachariyar (Sriperumbudur)

Family -
Father ? S.A.Soundara Rajan
Mother ? S.A.Saroja
Our native is Sholinghur, though we have settled in Madras since long.
Mother's native is Srirangam.
My Great Grandfather S.A. Sadagopachariar was a scholar in Tamil and
Sanskrit. A man of pious disposition, he led a simple and
unostentatious life. Besides taking lead role in printing books on
Bhagavad Vishayam etc., he did many acts of charity,the extent of the
same, which even members of his family did not know. My Grangfather
S.A.Seshadri Ayyangar was a renowned advocate of Madras High court.
I am married to Nandini, who is the grand daughter of
Shri.K.V.Narasimhan, a well known auditor. He has played a major
role in various kainkaryams ? especially renovation of Manavala
Mamunigal Sannidhi in Thiruvallikeni and Kanchipuram. He was closely
associated with Mudaliyandan Swami Thirumaligai. He was also close
to Sri Prathivadhi Bayankaram Annangrachariar swamy.

I have a daughter and a son.

I am a B.E. in Electronics & Communication Eng. From CIT, Coimbatore.
Presently I am working as Dy.Superintending Engineer, in ONGC,
Chennai.
I was brought up mostly in north India. My exposure to our
sampradayam is limited.
After joining ONGC , by the grace of Sriman Narayana, I came into
close contact with a colleague who hails from Srirangam. Togeather we
started visiting various Divya Desams.
My nature of job, enabled me to tour the Tanjavur and Ramnad
districts frequently. Hence I could visit most of the Divya Desams,
in those areas.
A passive member, I am trying to learn our sampradayam.

adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
S.A.Narasimhan

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia