You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Mar 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00117 Mar 2003

Mar 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

Kindly forgive me if this post is incorrect or conveys anything
wrong. I think this post on Shri Chinna Jeeyar swami is incomplete
without exactly defining the appropriate context in which it has been
answered. In the Udhaga Shanti sequence, we have the Nakshatra
Panjadhis starting from "Agnirna: Paadhu Krutthikaaha" and it
continues for all the 27 Nakshatras. This is recited by the vedic
scholars during various recitals like Gruhapravesham, Ayush-Homam,
Seemandham etc. There were lots of people who had repeatedly asked
the questions that if only vedic scholars could recite it, how could
any illiterate or those who aren't supposed/ who don't know the same,
could compensate for that. Swami gave the solution as the Shri Vishnu
Sahasra Namam. I guess, this answers Shri Vanamamalai swami's
question.

Also, the idea is that, atleast by saying this, people would start
memorizing the slokhas. It is like Valmiki being told to chant "Mara
Mara" that eventually turned out to "raMa raMa".

The intent of Shri Jeeyar swami wasn't to tell people regarding the
materialistic benefit i.e getting free from illness. It is just the
perception of the audience that he says so. The intent was to make
sure people recite the slokhas using some reason.

Sarva Aparadhaan Kshamasva

Yatheendra Pravanam Vandhe RAMYA Jamataram Munim

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan,
Lakshmi Narasimhan

--- In ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rama Krishna K" <kramakrishna@xxxx>
wrote:
> Priya Bhagawatas,
> Asmadsrigurubhyonamaha!
> Srimathay Narayanayanamaha !
> All our Acharyas, Sastras, Puranas always highlighted the
everpowerful
> Srivishnusahasranaama Stothram, which is the means for solution to
all
> ills not only prevailing in the society as a whole but also in any
> individual on account of various reasons including some
grahadoshams.
> Sri Sri Sri Tridandi Srimannarayana Ramanuja Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji
> during His discourse on the eve of Sri Bhishmaekadashi
Viratpaarayanam
> in Hyderabad where lakhs of people gathered on 13th February 2003,
once
> again reiterated the same.
>
> His Holiness also declared that the 108 slokas of
> Srivishnusahasranama stothram removes all the ills associated with
any
> grahadosham to any chanter of any nakshatram and provides supreme
solace
> and supreme bliss. There are 27 nakshatrams starting from Aswini
and
> ending with Revati. Each Nakshatram has four paadams. Thus 108
slokas
> correspond to 27 X 4 nakshatra padams. Thus a person born in
Ashwini
> 1st paadam can chant first sloka, Bharani 1st padam scan chant 5th
sloka
> and so on for respective Nakshatra saanthi. A person not sure of
> one's Nakshatra can chant all the 108 slokas and get rid of all
ills
> associated with one's nakshatram and attain sampoorna saanthi.
There
> is no need for any other means at all to achieve success in any
issue.

> For the convenience of all the Bhagawatas a list of Nakshatrams
and
> corresponding sloka numbers are given.
> Ashwani 1 to 4
> Bharani 5 to 8
> Kruttika 9 to 12
> Rohini 13 to 16
> Mrugasira 17 to 20
> Aardhra 21 to 24
> Punarvasu 25 to 28
> Pushyami 29 to 32
> Aashlesha 33 to 36
> Makha 37 to 40
> Poorvaphalguna 41 to 44
> Uttaraphalguna 45 to 48
> Hasta 49 to 52
> Chitta 53 to 56
> Swati 57 to 60
> Visakha 61 to 64
> Anooradha 65 to 68
> Jyestha 69 to 72
> Moola 73 to 76
> Poorvashada 77 to 80
> Uttarashada 81 to 84
> Sravanam 85 to 88
> Dhanishta 89 to 92
> Sathabisha 93 to 96
> Poorvabhadra 97 to 100
> Uttarabhadra 101 to 104
> Revati 105 to 108
>
> His Holiness advised the devotees to chant Srivishnusahasranama
> stothram total atleast once in a day followed by eleven times a day
> their respective slokas and see the results for themselves within
just
> eleven days.
>
> Adiyen's suggestion: If one identifies one's own birth
nakshatram
> then they can byheart their corresponding Srivishnusahasranama
sloka
> and keep on chanting whenever free/idling and attain good results
in all
> their endeavours.
>
> Jai Srimannarayana
>
> Dr.Kilambi Ramakrishna Ramanuja Dasan