You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Mar 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00123 Mar 2003

Mar 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:
Dear TCA Venkatesan,
Accept my pranams. I broke into a laughter when I read your
reply and sorry for my late reply. This laughter was not at the
bhAgavatha but imagining about what PerumAL must have thought:"who is
the guy who swallows even Me;oh boy My kids are inventing new new
thathvams and making pun of My parathvam!" and hence He Himself must
had a hearty laugh. When we recite without knowing the meanings,all
our chantings would become anecdotes only to those who know the
meanings and those who are experts in thamizh. Just as PeriAzhvAr
(unlike other AzhvArs) and EmperumAnAr(unlike other AcAryAs)thought
that PerumAL must be lonely and hence He needs people around Him & be
entertained,we surely entertain PerumAL by kaimkaryam of prabandha
recitation(with lot of anecdotes like this). Laughter is the elixir
of life. By making PerumAL laugh we fulfil PeriAzhvAr's perpetual
concern for the safety of PerumAL:-)

AzhvAr EmperumAnAr JIyar thiruvadigaLE sharaNam
NC Nappinnai

> Apparently one of these people was standing right
> behind Cunnapakkam Swami. After the sarrumurai was
> completed, Cunnappakkam Swami told Jeeyar Swami that
> he thought that Sriman Narayana was the one who
> swallowed and brought out everything, but it looks
> like there is one who swallows even Him!

> adiyEn madhurakavi dAsan
> TCA Venkatesan

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia