You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Nov 2001

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00046 Nov 2001

All of us know this incident pertaining to our Great Jagathaacharian.
A rich merchant had made elobarate arrangements,prepared a grand feast when he
heard Emperumanar was visiting his place.
He had all the richness and this was refelcted the way he spent money to have a
grand welcome and thought our Acharian will be attracted by this fare.
He did not have the important quality, one should have , humility.Emperumanar
landed into a house of a poor bhagavatha who had all the love and devotion and
the great quality of possessing humility.
I experienced a near similar incident recently and I thought I should share
with all of you.Chitra Mami to enjoy this in particular.
Few months back I promised I will arrange to get 108 Saaligramams from
Mukthinath(Saaligramam) for adorning the beautiful Divyameni of Lord Srininvasa
in one of the US temple.
Carefully chosen Saaligramams reached and my joy knew no boundaries.
For a moment I lost my humility and humbleness and started thinking I am doing
a great job which others can't do.
Mistake no two. I proudly mentioned to few I am doing this great Kainkaryam.
The Supreme ,Lord Narayana could not appreciate my action.
Pat came His decision.Son ,if you think you can adorn Me with Saaligramam made
of Silver Poon , there is one more Bhagavatha with all his humility prepared to
adorn Me with a Saaligramam made of Golden poons.
A great eye opener. I pray He keeps my eye open lest I do the same mistake.
Some one whispers in my ear that once you have realised the mistake Lord
Narayana will give you yet another apportunity and dont miss it.
Jaya Sriman Narayana
Sri Mudaliyandan Swami shishya samapth

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia