You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Nov 2001

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00061 Nov 2001

srImathE rAmAnujAya namaha
srImadh varavara munayE namaha

Dear Members.

Myself and Sri Varadhan were talking to Sri Velukkudi Swamy on last
Saturday, regarding the long mail that was posted by Varadhan some days
back. During the discussion, Sri Krishnan swamy was very kind enough to
make necessary arrangements for conducting classes for atleast 10 persons
belonging to the Ramanuja sampradhAyam, on Sri Bashyam. The potential
teachers are Swamy himself plus Srirangam Sri Narasimhachariar & Sri
Gomatam Sampathkumarachariar, both renowned and of the very few Sri
BashyAdhikAris available today in our SampradhAyam.

Hence on behalf of the moderators of this list, I invite people in Chennai
to contact me or Varadhan, if interested in joining the class. As of date,
no logistics have been set up. As swamy asked us to first find people, we
are throwing this invitation out to all to get the confirmation.

These classes are absolutely free of cost , in the sense, that no fee is
being demanded. However, out of our love for our acharyan we may contribute
something. Also the cost towards the books to be borne by the individuals
only.

Once we get enough people we can immediately start with. We do not want to
postpone this for very long.

Important : Basic knowledge of Sanskrit ( atleast read and write and
knowing some words) is very much necessary for this class. Otherwise it is
very very difficult. Also, you should be able to reproduce the same after
learning. Just learning & forgetting is not acceptable. We do not mean that
you should do upanyAsams. But atleast reply to any controversies or teach
others who are interested.

I request those who are interested to contact us at the below address,

T.V.Venkatesh ----> tvv1@xxxx
T.A.Varadhan -----> tavaradhan@xxxx

For those who are not in Chennai, you can please forward this message to
anybody you want, in Chennai, to join the course. The basis of teaching
will be the vyAkhyAnams of our poorvAchAryAs in the lineage of Sri Ramanuja
until jagdhAchAryan Sri Manavala Mamuni.

Awaiting your confirmation by the end of this week.

AzhwAr emberumAnAr jeeyar thiruvadigaLE saraNam

On behalf of moderators Mukundan, Varadhan, Gunaseelan and myself

adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
Thirumalai Vinjamoor Venkatesh

The information contained in this message is legally privileged and
confidential information intended only for the use of the addressed
individual or entity indicated in this message (or responsible for
delivery of the message to such person). It must not be read, copied,
disclosed, distributed or used by any person other than the addressee.
Unauthorised use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.

Opinions, conclusions and other information on this message that do not
relate to the official business of any of the constituent companies of
the SANMAR GROUP shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
the Group.

If you have received this message in error, you should destroy this
message and kindly notify the sender by e-mail.

Thank you.

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com