You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Nov 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00099 Nov 2004

Dear Swamin Padmanabhan,
Sreemethe Ramanujaya Namaha.
How was it possible for the unlettered Alwars to write such beautiful and
divine verses, and that too so profusely. That is the most wonderful thing.
We can understand the Greatness of Emperuman who gave the Alwars and our
Great Acharyas the divine Knowledge and the ability to write such Sweet
Divine verses. Staying abroad we miss the woderful oppurtunities to learn
the meaning of these verses, lacking the requisite knowledge in Tamil. Can
any of you travel to our parts and stay for a week or two and give us an
inkling of this great treasurehouse of knowledge? I can talk to our
Tiruvenkatam Group members  and others in Middle East to find out about
their views.
Alwar Acharya Jeeyat Tiruvadigale Saranam.
Adiyen,
Dasan,
Ramanujam.

>From: Padmanabhan <aazhwar@xxxxxxxx>
>To: ramanuja <ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Oppiliappan
><Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, vanamamalai <Vanamamalai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>divyadesams <divya_desam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [ramanuja] A Peep into Periya Thiru-Mozhi 46
>Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:56:23 +0530
>

>The numerical magic
>1-2-3-4-5-6-7
>
>To talk and write coherently is not simple.
>
>Even if one talks, to talk and write with good content is difficult.
>
>Even if this is possible, to make this into a psalm and poem is still
>complex.
>
>To create such poems within the paramaters of grammar is complicate.
>
>To put divine words and deeds in these is great.
>
>To add numbers coherently and serially and establish the superemacy of the
>Lord is indeed not a simple but a difficult, complicate, complex -indeed a
>great, divine and Godly task.
>
>This is what I feel whenever I go thorugh the thirumozhi on
>"sErgAzhi-kAzhich sErAma viNNagaram'
>
>It is well known that sri kaliyan is 'nAlu-kavip perumAL'. To enjoy that
>time and again is indeed heartening.
>
>The first pAsuram of the 4th thriumozhi in the 3rd ten dedicated to
>thAdALan, sequentially expresses one to seven, amidst all the constraints
>mentioned above, reiterating  sri thirumangai mannan's poetic prowess, time
>and again.
>
>The first pAsuram
>
>"1-oru kuRaLai- one little person;
>2-iru nilam--- two steps;
>3-mUvadi maN- three handful of land;
>4-arumaRaiyin thiraL nAngum-- four vEdham-s
>5-vEaLvi aindhum- five rituals;
>6-angangaL avai ARum- six parts of these vEdham-s and
>7-yEAzhisaiyum-- Seven music"
>
>The Lord who came as one little person- measured two divine steps after
>asking for three handful of lands;
>He is the Lord thAdALan of kAzhich sErAma viNNagaram. Fall at His divine
>feet, who came to rescue one and all.
>This divine place is full of practice of four vEdhAs, five vEaLvi-s; six
>parts -vyAkaraNam etc. and seven swara vEdhAs. Reach this divine place
>-kAzhich sErAma viNNagaram.
>
>(to be continued)
>vanamamalai padmanabhan

Life on the fast track! Get hooked to it!
http://server1.msn.co.in/sp04/tataracing/  Meet the champs!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.itolB/TM