You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Nov 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00117 Nov 2004

Dear Sriman Balaji,

In srivaishnava families, one is NOT supposed to eat onions even before
samASrayaNam right from birth. We are nowadays making a lot of compromises.
These compromises should not come in the way of our religion as we tend to be
the best at heart.

adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
Vishnu

BALAJI IYENGAR <balajivn2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Srimathe Ramunajaya Nama:

Adiyen has got a doubt regarding SamaashrayaNam. If SamaashrayaNam is done, one
should not eat the food cooked outside or which contains Onions. But these days
working People it is difficult to cook by themselves. To the extent possible if
we can follow certain principles, can we get it done. Of course only if
perumals grace should be there.

jIyar thiruvadigaLE sharaNam
Balaji V N

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/.itolB/TM