You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Nov 2005

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00044 Nov 2005

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest all,

Let us continue to enjoy Thirumangai AzhwArs wonderful
verses on Thiruvenkatamudiayaan.

kalayaami kalidhvamsam kavim lOkadhivaakaram
yaSya kObi: prakaaSaabir aavidhyam niHatham thama:

I meditate on the Poet, who is like the Sun for the
whole world, to destroy the darkness of ignorance
(a~jnAnam) with his word and who destroys the Kali
dhOsham.

ThirumangaiAzhwAr proceeds to plead the Lord of
TirumalA for His unbounded limitless mercy that pours
out on His own -out of His Greatest compassion on us.
Let us enjoy this nice ten on
AzhwAr's plea.

neeraarkadalum nNilanummuzhudhuNdu,
EraalamiLanNdhaLirmEl thuyilenNdhaay!,
seeraar thiruvEngkadamaamalaimEya,
aaraavamudhE! adiyERkaruLaayE.     1.10.3

Oh Unparalleled Lord! the Chief of all!  the One who
had the vast deep Oceans, the Big Huge Earth, the Tall
mountains, and everything in the Universe in His
stomach during mahApraLayam (Cosmic Dissolution), and
reclined on the small banyan leaf to  protect the
Universe and beings! Oh Lord of ThirumalA! ArAvamudhE!
(Insatiable Nectar!) Please show mercy on me! He is un
paralleled Lord. Oppaaril appan. He is the Chief of
all; Devaaadhi devan. He is the Primordial Chief. He
is creator and cause for all.

He is ArA amudhan- In satiable nectar. One can never
ever et satisfied enjpoying His divine beauty nor
praising His Glories. ArA amudhan is also the Lord of
Thirukkudanthai Divya Desam that Thirumangai mannan is
extremely fond of.

Thirumangai constructed a Ratha Bhandham for Him and
it is known as ThiruvEzhukURRirukkai .Our dear
Thirumangai also constructed a ThEr for Him and
invited us to worship Him ( Soozh Punal KudanthayE
Thozhumin ). He celebrated his BhAgyam in another
Paasuram of his this way : " TaNN Kudanthai kidantha
maalai NediyAnai adi nAyEn inanithittEnE ".NammAzhwAr
recorded that his body and mind melted before the
incomparable beauty of the Lord and gave Him the Title
AarAvamudhan or insatiable nectar.

Towards the end of ThiruvAimozhi, NammAzhwAr reminded
the world about the specialty of the BhakthAs of
AarAvamudhan: " Kudanthai YemkOvalan kudi adiyArkkE.
Swami Sri NammAzhwAr pointed out that the great
reception provided for the mukthAthmA travelling thru
archirAdhi maargam are reserved especially for the
bhakthAs of AarAvamudhan .

This Araa amudhae- also reminds us of the most divine
pasurams of ThiruvAimozhi-5.8.1

When NammAzhwAr had the darsana bhAgyam of that
udhyOga Sayanam , he described what he  saw and the
impact of that sEvai on him this way :

AarA amudhE adiyEn udalam ninpAlanpAyE
neerAi alaindhu karaya urukkuhinRa nedumAlE !
seerAr sennal kavari veesum sezhu neer Thirukkudanthai
yErAr kOlam tihazhak kidanthAi kandEn yemmAnE

Oh insatibale nectar of a Lord ! O aparyAptha amrutha
swAmi of Thirukkudanthai! I have turned into a slave
of Yours after tasting Your insatiable beauty with my
eyes. My body melts in love at the darsanam of Yours.
My body is like sugar that has dissolved in a glass of
water. My love for You flows like the rushing water
from a broken dam. The melting of my body is like the
pliant gold under the tools of a skilled gold smith.
Oh AarAvamudhA! are you performing this magic of the
extinction of my self by merger with You as a result
of Your limitless love for me? Let me conclude that it
is so! Oh Lord resting on Your mighty bed of AdisEshA
in the most majestic form! Here at Your divya dEsam of
Thirukkudanthai, the red paddy stems are waving in the
cool breeze as if they are performing chamara (fan)
kaimkaryam to You!  This was the impact of
AarAvamudhan's beauty and vAtsalyam for NammAzhwAr

Thirumangai AzhwAr ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana
dAsan

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs