You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Nov 2005

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00122 Nov 2005

Dear swAmy,

Yes, The GuruparamparA prabhAvam is not clear whether six questions was asked or more or less.

The prabhannAmrudham, however, clearly mentions that 4 questions were asked .These were asked through Thirukkachi nambi to PEar aruLALan

1. upAyangaLiL edhu nalladhu? - Which is the best of means?
2. mOksham adaivadhaRku mun anthima smrithi vEANdumA? -Does one needs to have His thought before breathing last,to attain mOksham?
3. endha janmathil mOksham adaivadhu? When will the mOksham be granted?
4. endha AchAryanai nAn Asrayippadhu? To Which spiritual mentor Should I surrender to/

Sri RamAnuja rquested Sri Thirukkachi Nambi as follows: " These questions have been in mind and I have more or less made up my mind regarding this. Please ask these questions to dhEvap perumAL"

The Lord of course replied by fathoming the mind of Thirukkachi Nambi, Himself.

Let it be. That was not my doubt actually.

It is clear that Sri Udayavar had the questions in his mind-whether it was expressed or not.

However, DhEVap perumAL while explaining to Thriukkachi NambigaL mentions that Sri RAmAnujar is like Sri KrshNA learning from SAnthEpani.

Such type of questions emanating from already learned people shoud be categorised, where was my doubt?

regards

dAsan
vanamamalai padmanabhan