You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Nov 2005

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00141 Nov 2005

Excerpts from Schrodinger's biography:

************************

"This life of yours which you are living is not merely a piece of this
entire
existence, but is in a certain sense the ?whole,? only this whole is
not so
constituted that it can be surveyed in one single glance. This, as we
know, is
what the Brahmins express in that sacred, mystic formula which is yet
really so
simple and so clear: tat tvam asi, this is you. Or, again, in such
words as ?I
am in the east and the west. I am above and below, I am this entire
world.?"

"The unity and continuity of Vedanta are reflected in the unity and
continuity
of wave mechanics. In 1925, the world view of physics was a model of a
great
machine composed of separable interacting material particles. During
the next
few years, Schrödinger and Heisenberg and their followers created a
universe
based on superimposed inseparable waves of probability amplitudes. This
new
view would be entirely consistent with the Vedantic concept of All in
One."

- Walter Moore, Schrödinger: Life and Thought. Cambridge University
Press,
Cambridge, 1989

Azhvar EmberumAnAr JeeyAr ThiruvadigalE Saranam
http://www.vedics.net

Bhagavad gita Culture Ways of
Successor Sri

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS