You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Nov 2005

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00214 Nov 2005

Sri Parthasarathi thunai

Srimathe ramanujaya Namaha

Sri Vara Vara munayE Namaha

Sri vAnAchala maha munayE Namaha

We are all familiar with the renowned disciple of Swamy Nampillai, Sri Pinpazhagiya perumal Jeeyer (PPJ) who gave the masterpiece the 6000padi Guru Paramparai that gives a detail report about the acharya lineage of our Srivaishnava sampradayam starting with the azhvars till nampillai.  Another great work of this acharya is the collection of masterly verses of many acharyas and giving it as a book named,?vArthAmAlai?.  This book contains the devouring explanations of many acharyas about the prime aspects of our Srivaishna sampradayam viz., tattva, hita, purushartham, tattvatrayam, artha panchakam.

Swamy Manavala mAmunikal esteems PPJ as follows:

?Pin pazhagiyaram perumal jeeyer perundivaththil anbaduvu maRRu mikka AsaiyinAl nampillaikku Ana adimaigal sei annilaiyai nannenjE oonamaRa eppozhudum Or?

PPJ didn?t even have the wish to go to paramapadam since he cherished the service to nampillai (more than that the divine darshan of the thirumeni of nampillai) even more than the divine service to paramapadanAthan.

Let us enjoy a few varthais (verses) from the great collection ?vArthAmAlai? from the next posting.

Azhvar emperumAnAr Jeeyer thiruvadigalE sharaNam

Adiyen ramanuja dAsee

Sumithra Varadarajan

Azhvar EmberumAnAr JeeyAr ThiruvadigalE Saranam
http://www.vedics.net

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia