You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00055 Oct 2002

Dear members,

Saome of the discussions are marvelous, and is just unfortunate that owing to
constraints, I am unable to participate with my own humble subm,issions on
several subjects.

However, I would be too delighted, if some bakthas and other relegious persons
can throw light on the subject of performing ceremonies for the dead dear ones
and the near ones.

THE MAIN DOUBTS;
If a person dies, and if he has no sons to perform the obsequies, and only
daughters are available, the last rites sometimes are carried out by getting
the KAIPPILL by either the grandsons born through the daughters or the grand
sons in law(s).

And when the annual ceremonies are performed, should one
create agni with oubhasanam, and offer havis or is it not necessary at all?

I have raised this piont as Adiyen had the misfortune of being amidst
controversies, raised in a situation aforementioned.
Thanks, Regards,
Adiyen Elyavali Srinivasan Anantha Daasan

from ananthes@xxxx 9th October 2002.
Madras-India.

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia