You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2002

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00123 Oct 2002

Dear Devotees: Please accept adiyEn's humble Pranam

adiyEn repects all Acharyas and their works.

Because adiyEn is writing about Mamunigal,
Some devotees have taken that as a disrespect to Swami Vedantacharyan.

Its a known fact that Swami Desikan is in the Acharya Parampara
for adiyEN. In our home and at the temple, adiyEn will be the
first inline to perform Kainkariyam for Swami Desikan
(we address swami as Swami VedantAcharyan at home)
http://www.radioramanuja.com/Images/gurupa1.jpg

PB Annan Swami is in direct line from Swami Vedantacharyan,
and we all know about PB Annangarachar swami and his works.

Swami Vedantacharyan is one of our purvacharyas and is
as respected as many other Purvacharyas, Nanjeeyar, Nampillai,
VadakkuThiruvedhi Pillai etc.

We all have Acharyas, and it is a fact to say that Sri Mukundan's Acharya is
Sri VPS Varadan Swami, or Chitra Mami's Achrarya is HH Chinna Jeeyar Swami
or Raghavan mama's Acharya is HH Ahobilam Jeeyar Swami

Lord Ranganatha took Swami Mamunigal as an Acharya,

There are some devotees who do not know about Mamunigal and
asked for this series to be written as Mamunigal Utsavam is coming up in 2
weeks.

Here is a clarification on the source of the Writings:
======================================
adiyEn is writing from Yathindra Pravana Prabhavam, as is
written by svAmi piLLai lOkam jIyar, a shishya of svAmi mAmunigaL

This is the earliest work on the guruparampara after svAmi nampiLLai, and
covers the lives
of svAmi nampiLLai, svAmi vadakkuth thiruveedhip piLLai, svAmi piLLai
lOkAchAriAr,
svAmi periyavAccAn piLLai, svAmi azhagiya maNavALap perumAL nAyanAr,
svAmi thiruvAymozhip piLLai and svAmi maNavALa mAmunigaL.

This book contains authentic historical documentation of various key events in
the
history of Srivaishava Sampradaya during those AchAryAs lifetimes.
There has been a few reprints of this book, copied from the original palm leaf
manuscript.
Such publications happened in 1865, 1891, 1907 and 1908 in tamizh as well as
telugu.

Dr.VV Ramanujam republished the book in 1991 and 2000

If there is any note that svAmi piLLai lOkam jIyar wrote that is disrespecting
any
Acharya, or is adiyEn's translation disrespecting any acharya. - Please reply
to me directly.

adiyEn values devotees opinion very much and will stay clear of partisan sides
and
have stayed loyal to both Mamunigal and Vedantacharyan.

azhwAr emperumAnAr JeeyAr thiruvadigalE sharanam

adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
Mukundan Vangkipuram Pattangi
http://www.radioramanuja.com

Home Page