You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00078 Oct 2003

Dear devotees,
I was about to write on the origin of our unique tradition -
synthesized from vedic & tantric traditions, azhwars' devotional
outpourings and systematized by Shri Ramanuja. I figured that Shri
Mohan Sagar had written about this long time back.

http://www.ramanuja.org/sv/bhakti/archives/jan97/0124.html
http://www.ramanuja.org/sv/bhakti/archives/jan97/0132.html

Nowhere does he doubts the authority of Vedas or our perumal's
supremacy.

I was about to use this as a central claim in my 'discussion' - that
our 'tradition' is not entirely vedic, but a synthesis of vedic,
tantric, puranic as well as our azhwars' works. (Not that this is
wrong or it 'invalidates' our tradition).

I hope Shri Mohan Sagar would forgive me.

Regards,
Kasturi Rangan .K

--- In ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mohan Sagar" <m_raghavan@xxxx>
wrote:
> I cannot recall ever having written anything in which I doubted
whether
> Vedas ever proclaimed the supremacy of Sriman Narayana, but if I
did, it was
> at a time where I failed to place myself under the mercy of an

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list