You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00111 Oct 2003

Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

Adiyen completely agree with this. Sorry that I did not explain this
in detail. My point was that, though the first 10 pasurams did not
literally call out the name or the form of the Shriman Narayana whom
we, Vaishnavas, worship, the whole work has to be understood in the
entirty in order to understand that the Narayana and hence the form
is the best or to put literally, the "closest" that represents the
brahmam and hence may be treated no different from the Brahmam
himself. Similarly one must understand the Vedas not by some specific
statements, but in its entirty - and this is exactly what Shri
Ramanujar did in order to explain Vishishtadvaita and so did Swami
Periyazhwar to prove the Vishnu Paratvam to the Pandiya King.

Thanks to Shri Venkatesan swamin for explaining and clarifying the
same.

As usual:) my ignorance and mistakes be pardoned.

Yatheendra Pravanam Vandhe RAMYA Jamataram Munim

Adiyen,
Ramanuja Dasan