You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00112 Oct 2003

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya nama:
Dear Sriman KK,

Humble praNAms to you. You know what,you should keep your
mind a "little" softer than your heart:-) If you wanna keep your
hands and legs in every field,fine and have fun! If not,just think of
the example of hologram. The whole consists of parts. Whole is also a
part but part is not a whole. Part is only a "small" representation
of the whole but it is neither "qualitatively" nor "quantitatively"
equal to the whole. You can think the part as KK,Nappinnai or siva or
brahma and what not. But the whole is Sriman Narayana. If some bunch
of fools in the form of politics(and idiot box/TV) and other things
try to damage our religion,who cares! For how long can they bark(may
be one lifetime)??? TV fellows want to make money so they will add
lot of spice to their programs! You don't go by every Tom,Dick and
Harry's word. All matters is "who" the critic is and passes the
judgement.

I want to give you one simple example that supports
nirhEtuka krpa. Even if the jIvAtmA is at the receiving end,unless HE
graces things will not happen. I asked my father to send srI
kUraththAzhvAn's srI stavam,varadarAja stavam and bhattar's rangarAja
stavam along with sri yAmunA's stotra ratna and sri periya vAccAn
piLLai's vyAkhyAnam. My father felt happy that the daughter is asking
all these and packed nicely so that it consumes less space! But my
cousin said there is no space and she could carry only two books. So
finally I didn't get the father and the son's works. I have the
desire to learn those works and I am ready in my opinion(!!!)but yet
didn't happen. HE sets the time for everything. So wait patiently for
that TIME:-)

> Our children in this generation are exposed to these instead of our
> traditional values. The subtle brainwashing is successful to such
> an extant that, our children feel ashamed to associate themselves
> with hinduism (constant hammering of caste discrimination,
> exploitative brahmins in school text books, movies, tv serials etc.

Most of the TV stuffs only corrupts the mind. This is called GIGO
(garbage in garbage out). You can only brainwash someone whose mind
is already imbalanced! That's why association(satsangh)is very
important. I am not well versed as you're. So,pardon me(generously)
for all my shortcomings.
Best regards

AzhvAr emperumAnAr jIyar thiruvadigaLE sharaNam
NC Nappinnai

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
ramanuja-subscribe@yahoogroups.com