You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00137 Oct 2003

Unquote:
"Parama Padam is not a planet or place in the universe, it is a state of
present being" differs drastically from our concept of vishistadvaitam and
adheres to the concept of Advaitam.
Our lord Sriman Narayana is called "UbayavibUdhi Nathan" meaning, he is an
owner of two vibhUdis. One is the "Leela VibUdhi" and the other is the
"Nithya vibhudi". This nitya vibhudhi is, the moksam or sri Vaikuntam or
Paramapadam. Every other place outside the "Nitya vibhudhi" is "Leela
vibhudhi". This includes Swargam, Naragam etc and every other Cosmos in this
universe.
Our very motto in this samsara is to get released from this Leela vibhudhi
and attain his nithya vibhudhi and do nitya kainkaryam to him.
The Srivaikunta gadyam of our emberumanar descibes in length and breadth the
description of Paramapadam. I request the Poster of this mail to hear the
vyakyanam of this as upanyasam from a renowned scholar. Again going through
the vyakynams in the beginning stages may only lead to confusion.

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan,
Varadaraja dasan

Quote:

> Adiyen
> Regarding the nature of Param Padam a fabulous definition is given
in Katha
> Upanishad:
>
> 10-11. When the five sensestogether with the mind cease (from their
> externalised activities) and the intellect itself remains tranquil,
that,
> they say, is the highest state (Paramam Padam).
>
> This state can be realised through meditation not through discussion,
> argument and forming religio-political stances and being dogmatic.
>
> Param Padam is not a planet or place in the universe, it is a state of
> present being.
>
> Adiyen
>
> Sri Ram

Home Page