You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00067 Oct 2004

Namaskaram to all learned members of this group.

Adiyen has a request, I would certainly welcome members mails explaining things
as
they have to be.

In Jayashree mami's earlier mail there was this reference to 3rd type of papa
aatmas.
Again Kali is the yuga for the fruits. All correct. But the basic position of
what is the
position of the veneered souls remains unanswered. Those who reach the lord
donot
come back. Our Acharyas say this. Then there should be some answer.

I would request humbly the learned members of this group to shed some light on
this.

Dasan/raghavan

jayasartn <jayasartn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

SRIMATHE RAMANUJAYA NAMAHA.

Dear Sow Sheela,

Your query requires a long mail to reply. Since I am apprehensive
about writing long mails which I am so accustomed to, let me reply in
crisp terms (though it means a mail long enough...)

First of all, my previous mail on this topic tells about the 3rd
category of evil-doers who are born and re-born because of which the
heaven never gets filled up(Brahma sutras). It therefore follows that
the earth gets filled up.

Another angle to this is that this Yuga is the period of wars and
strife. Jivas who have accumulated bad karma from anadhi kaalam get
to experience the results  only in this yuga. No other Yuga has been
densely peopled as the present yuga. We hear of peculiar forms of
strife and grief only in this yuga. Enormous is the number of jivas
with bad karma and enormous and varied are the phalan they had to
suffer as a result.

Nothing goes unrecorded in the scheme of dharma. Every thought, word
and action creat their respective reactions and they have to be
experienced subsequently. That is what is happening now. Peace is
conspicuous by its absence. It is for the sake of creating suitable
conditions for the greiving jivas to shed their karma, that God
continues to create after every deluge. That is why we call
Him 'apara karuNAmputhE'. In order to make the jiva shed their karmic
bond, He is untiringly working (BG) to create conditions suitable for
shedding the karma. When such conditions could no longer be created
He cancels the whole show by means of Deluge and starts afresh.This
is going on and on.

Regarding the doubt raised by others in this connection about why
there is no fall in population because of aasthiks reaching
VAikundam, instead giving any opinion on my behalf, let me try to
visualise what our beloved Sriman NArayana who is in 'ari thuyil' in
pAAr-kadal is likely to do on hearing this. It would be a 'smile'
invariably!!! Have we really become eigible to reach Him soon? Have
we grown in knowledge which is in the nature of bhakthi? Have we
truly grown humble - true to what we say every now and then -dasan or
dasaanu dasan? Are we able to see Him in every thing -in consonance
with what Ramanuja says? Are we aware that this kind of questions
(asked above)like 'are we this or are we that' are endless as His
creations?

What we know is only the path -even here we fight with each other
about whose path is the best. How many of us truly live up to what
Achrayas have said about how we have to live as Srivaishnava (or live
up to what granthas like Mumukshuppadi require of us or as per what
RAmanuja says as his 6 commandements or as per the 18 commandements
that are found in the wall inside Soundara rajan sannidhi in Thiru
nagai- to name  a few)? This is not to provoke or find fault with
us / others. What I mean by this is an introspection that is needed
to be done almost everyday....

Because,
miles to go before He chooses us..
and lots to do to make Him choose us....

regards,

no offence please, because as a srivaishnava I don't want to hurt
anyone.
Perhaps this is adiyaL's condition and certainly not that of fellow
devotees.

pardon me for my inconsistancies and idiocracies.

jayasree saranathan.

--- In ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sheela Belur <bvsheela@xxxx> wrote:

> Following is only a conjecture (in lighter vein):
>
> Probably souls which had other bodies such as insects etc are
getting human bodies. Hence population (of humans!) is increasing!!!

> Vijaya Raghavan <svrvan@xxxx> wrote:
>

> Yes swamin. This is an etrnal cyle. So the SUM TOTAL of ATMAN is
same in the
> universe.
>
> Now let us take the enlightened sould, who have done sranagathi in
real, and are
> up above as nitya suri's to the lord.
>
> These atman never coms backto earth.
>
> By this way the population of the earth has to decrease. But it is
increasing. Why?

.

azhwAr emberumAnAr jeeyAr thiruvadigalE saranam

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.itolB/TM