You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00178 Oct 2004

--- In ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, vedavalli ranganathan
<vedaranga@xxxx> wrote:

> Dear srivilliputtur sunderrajan,
>
>                               I  happen to read once
> in Garuda purana that people who pass away peacefully
> in sleep also dont get a body.so it seems it is better
> to suffer while dying than die peacefully.and in
> Srimad Bhagwatham also i read that Brahma once created
> ghosts and they began to chase him and he ran in fear.
> It is said in Bhagwatham that ghosts took the twilight
> time in the evening as their favourite time..Thats why
> in villages they wont allow  girls and innocent people
> not to go alone at that time.these ghosts wants to
> fulfill their desires, so they capture innocent people
> and enter into their body and make them act according
> to their desires.

Does this mean that there will be more than one soul in the same
body? It is believed that AtmA sits in the heart. Where does the
ghost sit?

adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan
Vishnu

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.itolB/TM