You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00209 Oct 2004

Dear Sri Balaji Sunsdarrajan swAmi,

I am a small fry and it is insignificant and irrelevant of what I accept or not
accept.

However, I take very strong exception to the following lines:
Qutoe:
But please understand that for kaliyan's arrogant character
in terms of robbery , he deserves a death sentence. [and almighty
has been directly watching Kaliyan , all along his life]

Unquote.
Are we capable of passing judgements on anybody and more so on AzhwArs.

I do not know whether your father has emphasised the fact that AzhwAr's are
"mayarvaRa mathi-nalam aruLap peRRavargaL"I hope you believe this.

If  you do so, I request you to please withdraw the lines in which we are
trying to pass comments on kaliyan.

I request humbly the moderator, not to permits such blatant accusations against
our beloved AzhwAr

My intention is not to hurt your or your father's feelings. But if we start
quoting from hearsay or from our ancestors, I will start quoting such events
which are not in our written authentic works. This will end up in just
controversies and arguemnts.

If yOu still want to write, please write to me personally.

thank you

rAmAnuja dAsan
vanamamalai padmanabhan