You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2005

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00043 Oct 2005

Sri:
You are right, last week I had been to a ISKON temple at Boston (am here for a visit) , I was amazed by their service , their reach to people was far great than ours ,
Adiyen feel still we can not come out of the shackles of all ritualistic attitudes ,

I heard from ISKON devotess they are reaching to Peru, Polland etc where none have ever thougth of and they said that one full village has started following them :) Its Amazing ,

Adiyen feel this really shows His Nirhethuva Krupai and nothing more

Alwars and PoorvAcharyas intentions were very much same , like this is the bhAghavad Kaimkaryam , I dont mean converting as the measure but trying to reach them and take part in their happies and sorrows ,

Dear Raghu , Adiyen knew fully well about our Jeeyar swamy and if you see the underlying reason , his priority is trying to reach the people than anything else (correct me if I am wrong) , swamy perceives that is the great bhAgavada Kaimkaryam and he is the main motivator for neechan like Adiyen , though Alwars and Poorvacharyas did say on these lines , our swamy is the living example

Adiyen's humble reqeust to bhAghavadas , by no means I wish to demean any of the attitudes of others, here my babbling is mainly to make ours more rechable . So if by any means Aidyen hurt any of your feelings Adiyen's apology .

Adiyen
Guna

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 vimalkumar ranganathan wrote :
>Sri:
>
>The ability to reach one and all is very important. Use of simple yet effective language to be able to reach both the educated and illiterate alike  would be the best way to attract more people to the fold and expand the Sampradayam.
>
>That is why speakers like Sri Vanamamalai Jeeyer Swami, Sri Chinna Jeeyar Swami, Sri Velukkudi Swami are able to attract people to our sampradaya.
>
>Also, there is a big necessity for simple books on our Sampradayam, unfortunately many of the Sri Vaishnava literature that I've perused so far seemed to be catered for the Iyengars or people with adequate sanskrit/tamil language. Swami Prabhupada was able to make ISKCON a global Vaishnva Giant mainly because of his books and thus, his ability to appeal to everyone.
>
>adiyen
>Kidambi Soundararajan.
>"Mudumbai, Raghu" <raghu.mudumbai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>Jai Srimannarayana Guna,
>
>ghostis are amazing when HH Sri Sri Sri Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji conducts them.
>Daily over twenty thousand to forty thousand devotees attend them.
>When HH Sri Sri Sri Chinna Jeeyar Swamiji conducts Sri Vishnu Sahasranama or special events over Eight Hundred Thousand devotees attended the function daily. For the events during pushkaras millions of devotees attended the functions.
>
>Gita Jyothi functions millions and millions from thousands of villages attended the function.
>
>I think the approach and universality are key....
>Jai Srimannarayana!

Adiyen Ramanuja Dasan
Gunaseelan Venkatachary

azhwAr emberumAnAr jeeyAr thiruvadigalE saranam

U s bank home mortgage U s patent search Corporate culture
Business culture of china Illinois

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia