You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2005

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00098 Oct 2005

--- In ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, vimalkumar ranganathan
<panardasan@xxxx> wrote:

> SrI:
>
> I like the Hare Krishna devotees for their simplicity, but the
>following is a little too much for me to digest, anyway helps me
>draw a line. Seriously, do we appear as objects of joke to ISKCON?
>Please read on completely, and also the story about the fishes
>and "free will" at the end. I think the greatest attribute of our
>ThennAchArya Sampradayam is not discussing anybody in a poor light.
>Even Sankara was given due respect.
>
> -Adiyen.

I suggest one should be careful while dealing with the other sampradayas.
Their bhajans and nice way of talking could mislead some away from Sri
Vaishnavam.

> Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura in his Vani Vaibhava makes a nice
>statement to show how Sripad Ramanujacaya fits in to the overall
>plan of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.       sripada ramanujaya visistha-
>dwaita siddhanta

>  "Lord Jagannatha replied, 'Sripad Ramanuja, do not broadcast in
>this way. Keep these secrets of Lord Gauranga's pastimes as they are
>for the present. Only after He has concluded His pastimes will the
>people in general come to understand them. Preach about Me on the
>level of 'dasya rasa' as you have always done, but within your heart
>worship Gauranga constantly.'" "Following Lord Jagannatha's order,
>Sripad Ramanujacarya secretly cultivated his attraction for Sri
>Navadvipa.

Did Lord Jaganatha ever instruct Sri Ramanajacharya to lie?
Why So? What is so secret about Chaitanya's pastimes ?

adiyen

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/.itolB/TM