You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Sep 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00151 Sep 2004

Sep 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri Vijyaraghavan Swmay,

2 points I want to clarify here.
Bhagavan as 'Mama' of Skanda (Muruga) is all false.
No where in the puranas (Incl. Tamasic puranas), written by
Vedavyasa , it is mentioned.

Second misconception is about Parvathi and Durga. Parvathi is NOT
SAME AS DURGA.
Durga is the 'Yoga Maya' and the elder sister of Krishna as per
Srimad Bhagavatam and Sri Vishnu Puranam.
On the other hand, Parvathi was born to Daksha and later to Himavan.
who married Paramasivan. No where connection between these 2 are
established in
older puranas.

It is only the later versions of the Saktha religions, which has
confused this issue. Even the the original Saktha religion does not
believe this. The only that later version of Saktha religion as
propounded by Advaitins, this lie was made a truthful statement, by
repeatedly saying this.

 Due to this confusion, Tamilians started calling
Subramanya (Muruga) as 'Mal Maruga'(or Nephew  of Sri Vishnu)

Second issue is with Vinayaga. Again, a famous misconception of
Vinayaga writing the Sri Mahabharata. This information is no where in
Sri Mahabrataha. this is only in 'Puranas' written later in
different languages.(Not original Puranas of Sri Vedavysa)

Famous for its lies is 'Kanda Puranam' written in Tamil few
centuries back.
There is a popular saying in Tamil('Enthe Pulugum Kanda
Purananathile') meaning, you can find any lies in kanda puranam.

Vinaya worship was no where part of original Hindu worship. This
cannot be said for other worship like ParamaSivan, or Skanda.
Paramasivan and Skanda, Durga are all Vedic Gods who had sure powers
and glorified  in Vedic statements, puranas.

On the other hand, Vinayaka worship came in to South only after
Chalykya empire was burnt down by Narasimha Varma Pallava.
One of the 63 Nayanmars, called as 'Siru Thondar' (one the
cheiftains of Palllava) saw a 'Ganesha' idol in Vatapi admist fire
and destruction.
His mind changed and his perception changed towards war and
destruction. He installed  the 'Vatapi Ganapathi' to south india and
became a
'Siru Thondar' . Rest is history..

Ganapathi as 'Muzhu mudal Kadavul' etc. are all False.

Also you see the 'Suklam barathram' slogam, some people conveniently
ignore the last 2 lines which clearly establishes, it is not a
prayer to
Ganapathi.

Even the 'Vinayagar Agaval' was not wriiten by Avviyar as it is
claimed. during Avvaiyar times, there was no Vinayaga worship
prevelant.

Sorry for a long mail.

Dasan
Regards